Hepatitis B Community
Hep B concern

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B concern

I've been tested for HIV, Syphilis, Gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) and Chlymidia about five times and have shown up negative each time. But have never been tested for Hepatitis B. Should I get myself tested? Is this a realistic concern? I have only ever had protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex with CSW on occasion (say 10 times). But have not solciited in over 18 months with no plans to ever embark on that course again.  

Many thanks
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
Hepatitis B has been found in saliva and there is a risk of transmission with oral sex more so if there are open cuts or sores in the mouth. Hepatitis B virus causes chronic infection of the liver and it can go undetected for decades since it often causes no symptoms until serious liver damage has occurred. For confirmation you need to undergo testing. It is best to practice safe sex.If you are doubtful see a healthcare professional and get checked. I hope it helps. Keep me posted with more queries.
Best luck and regards!