Hep B environmental transmission
Doctor, a recent test confirmed I was negative for HIV after all my needless worrying. It did confirm that I have low immunity against Hepatitis B. I will get a booster. It is difficult to find too much information about the virus. Can you please tell me how the virus is transmitted and whether you can contract it from environmental surfaces – for example showering in a public shower with a veruca on your foot? I am thinking of the black dots in verucca as a possible transmission route,
Many Thanks
Hi and sorry for the delay in replying. Anti Hbs levels above 10 IU/L are considered to be protective. What are your values? hepatitis B can spread, if there has been mixing of blood or body fluids. The virus cannot stay alive if exposed to the environment, so it cannot spread from toilet seats or by showering outside. Regards.