Hepatitis B Community
Hep B exposure?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B exposure?

Hi All,

3 days ago, me and this friend of mine(an exchange student from Canada) went out on a date. We come back to mine and start making out. She tells me she is on her period. As someone who hasn't had a lot of sexual experience, I took this as a sign to back down but things slowly started to escalate and we engage in some mutual masturbation and then intercourse with a condom (I didn't climax). I did not perform oral on her but did kiss her around the vagina around the thigh region. There wasn't a lot of blood from what I can remember but she did lick my fingers after the masturbation and then performed oral on me without a condom (stupid, but I wasn't thinking). Next morning, I noticed there was a little blood near my temple and started to freak out.

Seeing as how there was menstrual blood involved, I am worried I may have been exposed to Hep B. I had a small cut on my hand that has mostly healed and I don't think is not an 'Open' cut. My question is, what are the odds of my contracting Hep B from her performing oral on me after the masturbation and kissing her around the vagina. I do plan on getting tested but I need some answers now.

As someone who suffers from OCD and anxiety, I am a nervous wreck and can't seem to get any work done. All I do is search online for answers and would greatly appreciate a response. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
As I keep saying, it's blood to blood contact. And it's a simple test. Go get tested. I am OCD, too. Simple test will point you towards the next step or totally clear your mind.
Hepatitis B can't be gotten many ways.  It's Hepatitis C that is blood to blood contact.

DWBH
Thanks for the response. I have read I need to wait 2 weeks before I can get tested? This is to get some semblance of peace till then. When you mean it can't be gotten many ways, would you classify me as high risk or low? Thanks.
Thanks. I plan on getting tested 2 weeks from now. Trying to calm myself till then by getting as much information as possible.
Just to make it clear. The blood on my temple was menstrual blood. Not mine. Thanks.
go get vaccinated right now.  anyway adults rarely get chronic hepatitis B.  you should worry about aids.  hep c is now curable.  
I don't know how that came out that way.  But you CAN get hepatitis B many ways.  That was a typo.  You are practicing High risk Behavior.  You should get tested and also get vaccinated for Hepatitis A & B.  
Hepatitis C is transferred blood to Blood.  Again, You need to get tested for Hepatitis A&B.  Your chances of getting Hepatitis C are a low risk.