Hep B in 1977
I had Hep B in '77 and was hospitalized for 2 weeks. In 1999, I had a liver work up done which showed core positive - surface negative. I have numerous cysts on my liver. I received 1 HBV vaccine and formed surface antibodies but still showed core positive. In 2005, I had blood work done which showed high levels of HBV antibodies and core negative. Is that an indicator that I could be an organ or blood donor? Gastro said there was no indication of ever having HBV, so I asked her if I could donate and she said she did not know.
once a person is infected with hbv, the hbcab will always show in your blood.

im not sure how you would show negativebut with hbv everything is possible.

either way, in regards to donating blood and/or rogans for previouslyhbv  infected people it isnt suggested. doctors will decline such donations

so even if you show postive r even negative once ypou had hbv i would take the safeest road and refrain from donating blood
If receiver has antibodies, I wonder why this restriction is needed (especially if the donor is low infective)