Hepatitis B Community
Hep B questions

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B questions

I have a couple pf questions to ask.

Is there any relationship between the value of the AFP and the number of the years of having hep b? In other words, if I got hep B since birth or childhood, would the AFP be high or not necessarily?
My AFP is 2 and the normal value is < 7.

Also, does the amount of the surface antigens correlate with the duration of having hep B? My doctor told me that the amount of the surface antigen in
my blood is significantly high but he did not tell me the number. I have heard that surface antigens decrease over time!!!
Welcome.  You should know that there are no doctors here.  Most of us have or have tx'd for HCV.  Not many here with Hep B.  I don't have any answers for you but would advice you to always get copies of your bloodwork and any other tests.  

I wish you luck finding your answer.

miss