Hepatitis B Community
Hep B results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B results

I have just gotten labs back and here are the results, I am overseas and can't contact my specialist so I am looking for some information here I tested positive for HepBe over a year ago with a viral load of 130,000,000

HBsAg : Reactive A
Anti-HBs: 11.9 mIU/mL
Anti-HBc: Reactive
HBeAg Interp: Negative A

HBV DNA: Not Detected (it has been this way for over 6 months)

My ALT and AST have been in the normal range for over 6 months.

from what I understand this means that the infection is gone, but I have read some conflicting information.

from what I understand this means that the infection is gone

infection is not gone as long as hbsag is positive, when it becomes negative it is 99% gone (there are cases of occult hbv even with hbe neg or mutated hbsag)

if you have hbsab pos for 6 months you should check if hbsag is decreasing, if hbeag stays pos after one year with hbsab pos you might have just a mutation of hbsag and antibody hbsab is useless
so a mutation is a resistant strain of Hep B?  

no, hbv mutates all the time while replicating because it makes mistakes during this process (this allows immune escape and survaival of hbv) and most of mutations are not known, some of these might be resistan to drugs, others are not and will disapear, others can change hbsag so you get antibody to another type of hbsag (both wild type and mutated hbsag/myayed strains usually coesist).
hbsag mutations are rare so if you check monthly hbsag quantity you can have an idea if you are slowly clearing it, if you don t within 6-12months the antibody is directed towards a mutated hbsag and is useless
so I am currently on an antiviral baraclude .5 mg should I still be on it.  the side effects are killing me.

that's another story then, you can t stop drug you get very severe hbv flares, possible mutation making drug useless and others less effective

it has no sides, what sides are you feeling?probably not related to drug

you can try nitazoxanide for 6 months at 1.5-2g if it works you get hbsag und in a couple of months and might slowly stop drug (check posts about ntz and how to take it)

hbsab was 0.00miu/ml before starting baraclude?if so you have no mutation but slowly seronconverting
you can try nitazoxanide for 6 months

i mean baraclude (etv)+ntz combiantion, if should lower hbsag 2500iu/ml by 5 weeks and increase hbsab

i am also on etv but no sides so far