Hep B surf ab
Hey i have a question.

What does it mean when you're Hep B surf ab came back postive..
but my Hepatitis C AB came back negative..

I'm freaking out???

Assuming that Hep B surf ab stands for the antibody to the Hepa B surface antigen (aka anti-HBsAg), being positive for it is a good thing. It means you have either received the vaccine OR have been infected with Hepa B but recovered. Please ask the doctor who requested for these tests if the level of antibodies in your blood is enough to fight off Hepa B should your body encounter it again (in other words, is the level of antibodies in your blood protective against Hepa B).

Your Hep C AB came back negative because you haven't received the vaccine and you haven't been infected with Hepa C.
It is my antibody .. I went to my doctors to show them the test results because i was sobbing my eyes out she said being postive was a good thing because i'm immune to it.. she said i was either tested somewhere,. there  not sure where.. now this is the medical assistant telling me all this.. she said if it came back negative that is when i would have to worry..

wasnt sure if she knew what she was talking about... because i'm not sure she showed my doctor my results.. i was tested from a Dermatologists  to figure out other issues i was having and they couldnt give me any answers to anything..  

so would i go back to my regular doctor and talk 2 her about all this or no?
and does this mean i don't have 2 worry about anything"??
Being positive for the Hepa B surface antibody is a good thing. Now all you have to do is ask your doctor or a gastroenterologist or a hepatologist if the level of antibody in your blood is high enough to fight off the Hepa B virus should your body encounter it.

If you have any more questions and are confused by the opinions of the well-meaning people on the forum, go to this link:

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/B/bFAQ.htm

Incidentally, it is World Hepatitis Day tomorrow, July 28. A free clinic and many educational activities about hepatitis and its deleterious effects will be held at Medical Center Manila starting at 8 am tomorrow.