Hepatitis B Community
Hep b test at twelve weeks

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep b test at twelve weeks

I would like an opinion about whether I can feel confident in a negative hbsag test at twelve weeks post potential exposure.  I also had a negative result at eight weeks.

I previously consulted with Dr. Hook in std HIV professional forum and he said my exposure (received protected oral, she licked my anus with condom on tounge, and then fingered my anus with condom on finger, my concern is I believe some of her saliva may have gotten in my anus) was no risk and that no one had ever gotten hep b from saliva genital contact and I should trust my test results, but I a still feeling great anxiety about my potential exposure.

I am thinking of getting another test done next week at sixteen weeks post exposure, would that be definitive if twelve week isn't?

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: hep B, test, Oral
hbv is always cleared by adults, only 4% with compromised immune systems dont clear
hbv is chronic only at birth while it makes no dmage if you get it as an adult

if hbsag is negative at 12 week you can take hbv vaccine and recheck hbsag and hbsab at 5 months
Does that mean the twelve week negative hbsag test is definitive?  CDC has two websites, one says hbsag is detectable on average after four weeks after exposure with a range of one week to nine weeks; the other says as early 1 to two weeks or as long as eleven to twelve.  

Just trying to figure out if I should to get tested again.

Any guidance on that would be great.

refer to european or asian hbv guidelines, US is totally obsolete on hbv

it usually takes 4 weeks to develop the infection to about 5-6 months maximum but rare.if you like retest at 6 motnhs or follow my advice to get the vaccine
Thank you for your response.  Not sure I completely understand.  Are you saying that the vaccine would help with a previous exposure?  Also are you saying CDC information on hbsag is incorrect about when it can detect?  Do you think I need to retest several months from now to be sue I'm free from disease?  Or do you think I need a different test?  Do you think based on my exposure I could have disease but still not know it based on my tests?  I could not find euro or Asian guidelines on google.  Please help with other info you can.

i think you are a little psyco, hbv is a benigne disease for adults it makes nothing.dont let you fool by the science of panic....usually people from Us is like you, psyco driven by benigne viruses while it is processed foods to kill people with chemicals, ormons and antibiotics and Us diet is made of that food.Food is what you should care about not viruses, viruses are cleared by our immune system

forget about hbv a 12 week test is enough and if you like retest at 6months, hbv takes a whole life to make damage when infected from birth making some damage at 40-50yo only on about 10-20% of carriers

i dont read CDC there is too much corruption in the drug business in US, just not reliable to me
Thanks for the clarification.