Hepatitis B Community
Hep b vaccination effect test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep b vaccination effect test

Just have hep b and hep c test. I was vaccinated against hep A and B in 2008. Question is.

Will my test come back positive for hep B antibodies due to my vaccination ?
Manny, as far as I know, the test will come back to show you are vaccinated. They did this for my Hep A test and showed I was never vaccinated, so they started my vaccination immediately. There are certain guidlines for the testing that show whether you were vaccinated or not. Consider yourself lucky that you were and if you do have Hep C by any chance, it's now curable (can't wait for the B cure!)
Ok so if hep b shows up they will indicate it's the vaccine ??? Not just tell me positive for hep b antibodies? I guess this would make sense otherwise everyone who was vaccination would be getting told they have hep b and worrying when actually they don't ???