Hepatitis B Community
HepB Worried

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HepB Worried

I was diagnosed as hepB positive.The following are my laboratory results:
HBc IgM.....negative
HBe Ag.....Positive
Anti-HBe....Negative
HBsAG.......Reactive
SGPT/ALT...106 H U/L

Please help me enlighten this results..
at present my doctor advise me to take Revovir, then Zeffix is it good for me?Please help me...
Tags: HepB
we need to know your age and history of infection. Most likely you are under 30 and is in the immune clearance(reactive) phase. You should also measure your viral load (hbvdna).
Revovir is clevudine - it is approved in Philippines & Korea, but not in most other countries because of serious side effects. Zeffix is lamivudine, a first generation antiviral drug that is not longer recommended for use because of high drug resistance rate.

So I think it is better to switch to a doctor who specializes in Hepatitis B.
Thanks for that info..I am now 37 years of age living in the Philippines. Last June 2012 I volunteer to donate blood to my wife who will deliver our twin baby boys via CS operation,but it was found out that am HepB positive.After a week I consulted the doctor. The lab results were shown above..Please help me..What shall I do? My wife is hepB negative when she tested before the delivery
What do you mean by immune clearance (reactive) Phase? Is there a possibility that I will  be cured from this disease? Is there any viral drugs that could kill this virus in my system? Pls help me...
Your HBeAg is positive and your ALT is elevated so you may be in the Immune clearance (reactive) phase. During this phase, your immune system is reacting to the presence of the hepatitis virus. A possible outcome of this reaction is that you may become HBeAg negative, hbvdna level drops to very low, ALT will become normal, and you will enter the Immune control phase. However, if your immune system fails to gain control, these constant attempts to clear the virus will lead to progression of fibrosis and treatment is recommended. This is more so because of your age, however, we don't know how long you have been infected. Also we don't know whether your immune system is clearing the virus because we don't know your viral load.
@ Xylem

Go for DNA quantification as StephenCastlecrag said, your immune system is ready to vacate virus, interferon therapy may be warranted to treat patient like you.  Not only DNA load go for other all relevant tests as your Doc must know, you should not wait at this time because your diagnostic profile may be favorable to you i guess.

Rgds
Thank you so much...But  how should I know as to how long i have been infected..?I was not able to undergo HepB Test ever since not only last June 26,2012 that I planned to donate blood and found out to be HepB positive..Then I went to the doctor a week after for a medical check up..The doc advise me to take Essentiale  Forte for 6 months then I went on Lab test on HBsAg and found to be reactive.and my SGPT last Jan2,2013.
Your doctor was right. For an adult who tested HBsAg positive, the prudent thing to do is to wait for 6 months and test again to see whether it was an acute infection. Since you tested positive again after 6 months, it is certain that you have chronic Hepatitis B.

You can ask your close relatives whether there is any history of Hepatitis B in the family. In Asia, most people are infected at birth from their mothers. If not infected vertically, the biggest risk factors are injected drug use, blood transmission, and sex.

You may never find out when and how you were infected, so the main thing is to do more tests to see whether you need treatment or not.
My older brother suffered from HepA, and is cured.my younger brother is HepB positive but he was infected through drinking alcohol and cigarette smoke..that's the only thing I knew..
HepB is caused by a virus and cannot be acquired by drinking alcohol or cigarette smoking.
What I mean is, my brother was probably infected by HepB  by closed contact to someone  thru body fluid because of his lifestyle and vices.