Hepatitis B Community
Hepa in family

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepa in family

Is it possible that one of the siblings will be non reactive to Hepa b if their mother is a carrier of hep b virus?
my husband is reactive with hepa b but his older brother is non reactive...
would it mean that my husband did not acquire the virus from her mother?
if from birth he has no hepa b then he is not considered as chronic and might have the chance to recover?
please answer anyone...Thank you
Is it possible, yes. It sounds like you're concerned about how your husband got the virus. 90% of adults clear the virus naturally.. the 10% could go chronic.

Like your husband, I was racking my brain for a while trying to figure out how I got mine. I stopped doing so and just focused on much needed treatment instead. The doctor suspected I was chronic at birth, but since my mother is no longer alive, I could not ask her or have her get a blood test.
M'y mother also is negatif for hbv but I am.and as lucky man I ask many questions how I got it?!maybe when I was pregnant and I was under tooth treatment!maybe the instruments used during  my delivery were not sterilized!and many maybe..
...
But as lucky man says try to focus on treatment and help your husband in this...
My husband never ask me how I got it he is just near me all the time and hope from my heart it is acute not chronic.with luck
my mother and my 3 sisters dont have HBV . but i am a chronic HBV carrier.... I probably got  it form my dad but I really dont know how did I get it and when i got it.
It's absolutely possible that one sibling has it and the other does not. My sister and I are positive, but my eldest sister is negative. There could be a few reasons for this...1) our mother didn't pass it to her at birth or 2) she cleared as a baby. Babies have a 10% chance of fighting off the disease on their own.
Thank you so much for all the responses...I have learned a lot...