Hepatitis B Community
Hepatatis DNA Quantitative Test result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatatis DNA Quantitative Test result

hi
my wife age is 28 and her test results are
hbsag - Positive (4343)
hbeag - Negative
Hepatatis HBV DNA quantitative is 133,
but liver function is good
so please suggest me the treatment amd what are the chanches of curing,before 6 months DNA is out of range,she is taking Lamivivar hbv and adheb tablets daily,
also i would like to know higher the viral load more chances of curing are there?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

Lamivivar is not an hbv therapy any more, drug is cheap but makes very dangerous hbv mutations, how long is she under lam?

add tenofovir as soon as possible comboing with lam one month and then discontinue, make mutation test for lamivudine resistance.she might add nitazoxanide to tenofovir to lower hbsag

if she is on lam for more than 6 months and hbvdna is 133iu/ml she is probably resistant already and has hbv mutations already

guidelines allow only interferon, tenofovir, entecavir, no other durgs because other drugs make mutations and worsen disease.hbv mutants have high liver cancer risk even if tenofovir will make hbvdna und

all these drugs will not eradicate hbv, just stop replication so it is important that virus do not mutate (it is like for antibiotics but worst because hbv is always in the liver), so you must use the most potent drugs that do not make mutations.the best way to prevent mutations is combo of drugs

Blank

i have seen Lamivivar is an hiv drug, does she have hiv+hbv?

and even so the drug is not good for hbv, in case she has also hiv the best drug is truvada which is tenofovir+ftc which is active on hiv and hbv

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...