Hepatitis B Community
Hepatit B and Entercavir

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatit B and Entercavir

I'm a 28 years old. I have a hepatit B since 2010 year. my last report for 1 week ago
Fibroscan: 8.8kpa
HBV-DNA >225
HBsAb = 0
HBeAg = 0.02
HBeAb = 0
HBcAb - 0.70
ALT = 73.3
AST = 43.2.

i use entecavir 0.5mg - 1pcs for everyday. what should i do? how do you think about my report?

thank you

When did you start with entecavir?
Did you measure hbsaq quantitatively?
How was your ALT previously?
hbvdna must go down to very low by 6-8months of antiviral use, if not the antiviral is not working.
waiting 12months is not 100% safe for resistance.i guess you just started

tenofovir is usually the best choice because it is the most potent entecavir, 0% resistance and cheaper

Stef...do  you know in what patients would entecavir be more recommended than tenofovir, and in what would tenofovir would be recommended over the entecavir?
etv only for patients with damaged kidneys, tdf for all others since more potent
My doctor told me that in order to have one more weapon against HBV, we started with Baraclude.
not smart, tenofovir has no resistance so what he said does make no sense....
it is like saying we use a weaker drug so if we make a resistance on etv we can use tdf....use tdf directly and avoid the weaker effect of etv on both hbvdna and hbsag
maybe he said that many years ago but today there are patients on more than 14 years on tdf and after all this time there is no way to see resistance arise
and also if we assume it can happen entecavir still work on tdf resistance or the combo etv+tdf.
with etv or tdf naive we can totally forget about the resistance issue
Stef do you mean 14 years on tdf for HIV or for HepB patients?
Also...what is your opinion on a new version of tdf - TAF...any news on when it will be available for HepB people?
TAF, I'm on the clinical trial on it.. though unsure if it's TAF or TDF as it's a double blind study. All I know is that it's working and knocked down my DNA almost 18 million in the first month. According to my schedule, my trial ends 2016 and then there is an open label for another year until 2017.
Thanks. What is the meaning of an 'open label'? So it won't hit the market until 2017?
Open Label means clinical trials do not attempt to disguise the new drug or treatment, meaning that no standard treatment or placebo is utilized. This leans towards bias, as both the patient and the physician are aware of which groups are receiving what type of treatment.

In this case, it would be the fourth phase of the clinical trial (It's on phase III right now) and it assure that everyone in the trial is being treated with TAF only... not TDF and the placebo or TAF and the placebo.
ahm.
So before 2017 it is not possible to get it...or it is (without blind trials)?
Without a trial, you will not be able to buy it anywhere that I am aware of
thx
Hi Aduiski,

i'm started for August.2012. but i can't use between 2013.06 - 2014.03. last time started 03.2014 for during 4 month.
Hi Stef,

my doctor suggested ETV. i drunk for my doctor's suggestion last 2 year. 2 month ago i went to another doctor. he offer TDF. now i dont know how do i do. can you suggest good doctor's contact and hospital? my body day to day tired, fatigue ...................