Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitic B or C and HIV Risk through handjob

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello Dr.,

i have the following questions. I had an encounter with a prostitute (streethooker) and she gave me a handjob without condom. This was the only activity. I know that a handjob is considered safer sex but i am a bit worried because the prositute had her menstruation and i did not pay attention to inspect her hands before giving me the handjob.

my questions: Could she, supposed she had hepatitis B or C and HIV in the worst case, transmit any of these to me?

She might have touched her vagina or put some lub or creme on her vagina or just cleaned herself about 30 seconds before the act as whe was in the bathroom. So there could have potential secrets or blood on her hands.
I suppose the amount of blood/secret could not have been enough, as i believe from cleaning your genitals or or putting some lub/creme on your vagina, it could not lead to a sufficient infectious blood/secret and would not lead to any infection. But i am worried and would need reassurance from you if i need testing. It was at least 30 seconds between her in the bathroom and the act, so i suppose HIV would be inactive by that time (as in the worst case it could have only be a thing layer of secret/blood on her hands), right? Can you confirm that there was no risk? What about Hepatitic B and C? Any risk, as this is much more infectios? What if she had washed her hands, could there be enouth residiues on her hands of blood/secret for any transmission?
I would appreciate your comments on this, thanks in advance.
Alex

no transmission of any disease

according to countries transmission of these diseases happen at doctors, hospitals, healthcare settings

poor countries and US have most of transmissions in healthcare settings
Hi, thanks for your answer. I am very confused and also find it odd that there are very different opinions about this. In this forum as well from all responses from the doctors here i can assume that Hep b is not transmitted through kissing for example or indirectly through handjobs. In Europe though, Germany, Austria, UK eg, there is absolutely another opinion about this and it is considered a huge risk for hep c. how is this possible? there must be the same literature and same experiences about it, right? it is very strange. would be nice if anybody knows why this is the case...
thanks,
Alex
IGNORANCE, that s how it is possible
you are correct here people get Staph regularly in hospitals. But dentist office is one place to get all these diseases. Hep B in particular because the virus can survive for very long outside of out bodies in extreme tempretures. If I remember correctly surgical equipment from HBV patient must be boiled for an hour to sanitize  it. Now they some kind of high pressure chambers I am told.
you can get HSV 2 this way.

A lot of guys that visit massage parlors out here catch them from hand jobs because girls don't wash their hands going between johns on busy evenings what i have heard.

But catching HepB, C or HIV would be NO from this activity.

Just don;t see prostitunes period. Most of them are sick. STD's is a huge problem unless you are dealing with high end "models"

These days you cannot have a normal man feeling and do things we men do sometimes because of these diseases.

And drug companies ofcourse love all this so they can sell us more antivirals making people convinced that condoms are safe. And each year you see what, HIV, Hep C statistics of infections just keep on rising. And that is in the developed countries.

But you are ok, just don't do what you do.. seeing a prostitute is playing a russian roulette these days
well thanks, just don t understand why serious aids help organisations that also deal with all others stds say it is a risk for Hep B while kissing, handjob if any fluid on the hand, etc...i am shocked there are two so different statements about catching hep b in highly developed countries in Europe and in the states for example...don t think it can only be ignorance! i have read some responses of the doctors here that seem very qualified who say there is no risk of hep b transmission through such actions but as mentioned in highly developed countries in western/central Europe there is another point of view. i thought this should be something where there cannot be different opinions about, right? as Veteran B is saying above, hep b is highly infectious and therefore it simply does not make sense to me that there is absolutely no risk of catching it through a handjob with secret or blood residiues on the hand? where is the sense and why are the opinions so different about it?
Yes hep b is more infectious then hiv. And yes you can get it through deep kissing with somebody that has it if they have a high viral load or a cut in the mouth. All this is possible. But still main routes of transmition of hbv is semen or blood.

you are thinking of an extremely rare cases that may happen. As if the woman was performing hand jobs on multiple guys and they unloaded on her hand and then she all touched you with that hand. That would yes put you in risk.

But if you are still worried and you are one of these men that sees prostitutes regularly you need to test for stds every six months. all i can tell you. And that in todays world it is dangerous to play around. Stds are breaking all records world wide. And governments are just looking away while hiv and hepatitis viruses run wild.

And the doctors in general are in denial as well that this is a huge problem today  by keep saying it only affects poor countries and special populations.