Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis

dear doctors I am really worried about my blood test, the Results are: Hepatitis B Surface Antigen is Negative and Hepatitis B core antibodies-Positive. Therefore my worry is Do I have hepatitis B ? what is the treatment i can have ? can i get rid of this by vacination. please do help me. And the doctor has aske me go for DNA culture.
Tags: Hepatitis
(Hepatitis B Surface Antigen is Negative)
( Hepatitis B core antibodies-Positive.)
anti-hepatitis B surface antibodies (Anti-HBs) 10,4
Therefore my worry is Do I have hepatitis B ? what is the treatment i can have ? can i get rid of this by vacination?  please do help me. And the doctor has aske me go for DNA culture

This means you no longer have HBV now.

This means you had exposure to HBV in the past.

This means you have weak antibody against HBV.

Yes, it is a good idea to be vaccinated to help your body develop strong immunity.

Dear Cajim

thank you for helping me out

Is it possible to take vaccinations for B and A at a time?
or  should they  be taken separatly ? can you please tell me the duration of the gape between these  B and A vacinations?

Have you tested Hep A?  If you were exposed to it before, you do not need vaccination against Hep A.

Not sure if vaccinations for A and B can be taken together.

Can i have sex with my girl friend? can I marry her ?
"(Hepatitis B Surface Antigen is Negative)

This means you no longer have HBV now.

Yes, it is a good idea to be vaccinated to help your body develop strong immunity. "

I'm interested to understand more on this being vaccinated even after an immune response clearance. You said that tom196 has weak antibody against HBV.

I really don't understand what tom196 posted with regards to "10,4". My own surface antibodies seem to me to be very low at < 0.1, yet all other tests indicate a clearance of the virus.

Can you please elaborate or point me to some links that discuss situations where a vaccine can assist in building a greater immunity following a spontaneous clearance in situations where the level of antibodies are lower than what is generally considered consistent with immunity?

Thanks!

bump
I think a 10,4 antibody level is not that low. provided your surface antigen is negative and you have built up antibodies, talk to your spouse to go for test and get vaccinated if she lacks the antibodies. Its much safer that way.