Hepatitis B Acute or Chronic
Hi All

Recently i donated blood and from blood report i come to know that i am reactive for HEPATITIS B CORE ANTIBODY (Anti- HBc) where as NON REACTIVE FOR HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN; (HBsAg).

Also from my Liver panel screen report i come to know that ALT(SGPT) is also higher than threshold i.e 70.00 while it should be < 50 as per report.

Kindly guide me on my liver condition and suggest about either i am a chronic or Acute infection for Hepatitis B

Thanks in advance
if hbsag is negative you have no hbv, you had it and clear it during your life.hbv has no symthoms so you didn t notice

check you hbsab and hbvdna pcr

ast and alt are abnormal for junk processed food you eat probably, all processed food damages livers, some can regenerate and some not and go on to fatty liver, liver cancer or cirrhosis.the countries were junk food or processed food with chemical addictives is common are also those with most destroyed liver (uk, Us just an easy example) and most people is unhealthy and go on dying for this without knowing because fibroscans which can scan all population were kept away for more than a decade
normal alt for men is 30 and 19 for women, contries like US or Uk may still use wrong limits like you reported simply because most population has alt abnormal....so the situation can be kept quiet and junk food sold, afterall people dead is not bad for economy, high health care cost is...