Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B Transmission

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B Transmission

Hello everyone. I'm Peter. I'm 16 years old, from Spain (please excuse my terrible english) and I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with Hepatitis B, I am a chronic carrier, I have a viral load of over 1.000.000.000 IU/mL. And I'm currently planning on taking Entecavir.
I've seen many debates over the internet about Hepatitis B transmission via kissing (normal and/or french). Is it true? Is there a risk of already giving Heps B to my girlfriend? I am aware of transmission via sexual contact and blood contact.
Hello, I am so sorry to hear you have Hepatitis B.  I think that you need to research Hep B, which is what I am going to do now so in the future perhaps I can help people like you.  I know that Hepatitis C is only transmitted blood to blood however I do not know about type B.  I will try to find some articles for you.  In the mean time I wanted to tell you how sorry I am.
Good luck to you
Hello I found this, it has basic information which could help, I will look for more
Dee
http://www.medhelp.org/medical-information/show/68/Hepatitis-B
Hi here is another thread that could help you, talks about probiotics, prebiotics and the benefits

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001355.htm
hello there in spain, amigo, i am also a hepa B carrier but as of now i am still doing the different lab test for legal verification of my gastro enterologist, actually hepa b is can only transmitted true blood contact, sexual intercourse and blood transfusion dont believe in rumor that saliva or the utensil you used can transfer the hbv.

Before you take the entecavir tablet you should need to see your dr. And you need to do all the laboratory test they required. So that she/he can decide if you need to undergo medication,  some HBV carrier can not go for medication due to the viral load and some reason.

If you are already taking entecavir without the prescription of the dr there is a tendency that the  HBV will stock or be stagnant on your body.  

with such a high hbvdna you are immune tollerant and virus makes no damage to you, actually it protects liver cells than noninfected from oxidative stress, at this stage any therapy will make damage

remember that it is not hbv to make damage to us but our own immune system, you need fibroscan to confirm if you are immune tollerant

entecavir is useless on virus, even if you make hbvdna und you will stay full of virus, it is not hbvdna the test to know how many infected cells you have in the liver but hbsag quantity