Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B and Nursing career

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B and Nursing career

I live in the US of A and am thinking about enrolling into a nursing program and becoming a nurse.  Anyone know if someone who has hepatitis B can enroll in such program and become a nurse?  I e-mailed someone from the nursing department and this is her response:
"Our requirements from our clinical agencies state that students must be free of infectious disease.  We will require a physicial examination and statement from the health care provider that you are able to meet the physical requirements and are free of infection."
What if someone who is a healthy carrier?  
Better to choose a profession that does not deal with blood, healthy carrier or not.
Hi there..

ofcourse you can enrol..!  I'm a nurse & I am a hepa carrier.  Just got a job, too..The nurse who checked my blood tests results even told me that I can work as a nurse, but, if you're an operating nurse you should change your specialty because you will be dealing with invasive procedures and you will have work restrictions, might as well practice nursing where you will not make the patients at risk..& I tell you that most who practice precautionary measures are those who know that they have it.. =) again, Go to this website http://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_BloodborneFacts/bbfact05.pdf and you will know that what I am saying is true & is based on facts and laws on labor.. =) I hope I helped you in my own small way.. =) GOD Bless..& good luck!