Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B carrier

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B carrier

I have had Hep. B when I was 7(over 15 years ago). I thought that I recovered from it, but 2 months ago I was doing some blood tests required by my school, and I found out that I am a Hepatitis B carrier. My family doctor started some blood tests. So far the results are: HBsAg-reactive, HBcAb(IGM)-non reactive, HB core AB total-reactive, HBsAb-<3.00mIU/mL, HBeAg-non reactive, HBeAb reactive, HBV DNA, QN, PCR- 10700H IU/mL, and HBV DNA, QN, PCR- 23760H copies/mL. The only think that I know from doing some research is that I am a carrier. I do not know what does the HBV DNA, and eAb and eAg means....am I highly infectious? Can I infect others? What is the possibility that I infected my boyfriend? Is my liver function O.K? Do I need to do more tests? I am very scared. I am just 23 years old, and I do not have any health insurance. I do not know what to do. Please... help.

Thank you so much.

Veronika
I am Hep B carrier myself for 8 years now.
Usually when kids get it it becomes chronic like in your case.
Your results show that you are chronic carrier. Your viral load is not high but very low and you need to make an additional tests for liver enzymes and be sure to make also for AFP.I dont want to scary you but hep b carriers are in a bit higher risk for getting liver cancer. In your case the chance is very small but to be sure you need to make those tests once per 6 months.
In those days its very important to caught damage in early stage caz there are many options to fix it. AFP is a test for liver cancer tumors. Again dont be scared. We have about 0.2% per year to get this cancer while you dont have real damaged liver.

With such results you are infectious and you can infect your boyfriend easily.He has to go to check himself as well in case he is still hepatitis free he can vacinate himself but meanwhile you have to use condoms even for oral sex.
Please don't get scared. All you have to do is to visit your doctor regularly, not to drink alcohol,not eat fast-foods ,and not use legal and illegal drugs without your dr's permission.Your boyfriend had to get vaccinated, till then you have to use condoms.You have to get an medical insurance, then take an interferon cure and everything would be ok.
Be well
Emrah
I need a help, i am a carier of chronic hepatitis b virus. I did not know i am a carrier till lately, my test  for HBV DNA counts to about 504,632,110 copies. i never knew i have this disease as there were no sign. Above all i do not have health insurance. what can i do to get out of this mess. please help

Max
>>>am I highly infectious?

Not now.

>>>Can I infect others?

Possible, but low.

>>>What is the possibility that I infected my boyfriend?

If he has positive anti-HBs, your HBV cannot affect him at all.

>>>Is my liver function O.K?

What are your other lab readings?  such as ALT, AST?

>>>Do I need to do more tests?

Best ask your doctor.

Best.
>>>what can i do to get out of this mess

Where do you live?  Does your government help people without insurance?

Your HBV is manageable. You need more tests.  You need a doctor to follow you and decide what the next step is best fro you.

Best.
Im mac,
im also a chronic carrier of Hepa B.. im thinking if kissing is a way to transmit this virus? Coz i read some articles that saliva is one mode of transmission but other articles says no. im confused with this matter. Is saliva really a mode of transmission? it says that blood, semen and body fluids are the mode of transmission.. but what about the saliva? please help me. thanks..