Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B infection?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B infection?

Hi, I accidentically drank the bottle which left by my friends at my home today. He is a Hepatitis B carrier for 10years. He and his wife dropped by my house for getting help from us during Christmas days as his wife just job in Baltimore. currently are Canadian. So need a temporiarily living place while they moving down.

I guess they drank the bottle this morning around 10:00am. and I accenditally picked it up and drank the water around 4:30pm this afternoon. I feel terrible now. As not for if I was infected. Secondly, how should I take some action to prevent possible spread to my family mambers.

If possible, please let me know what the chance I could get infected? Should I do blood test right way?

Thx,

JL
Be relaxed.I don't think you will get it through drinking from that bottle. Hep B is not that infectious
The thing you need to do right away is to get educated on HepB so ignorance won't have a chance to hinder your friendship in the future.

HepB is a STD and it is infectious but it's not spread by casual contact.  If one could get HepB in your stated scenerio then the world's population would be infected.  Unless your friend had a busted lip and left a feel drops of blood on the bottle's rim and you drank from it and you had a cut in your mouth, then you should get tested.

If you are worry get vaccinated against the HepB virus.
I believe lots of people hve the ignorance as I had.

My friend's family got cold foot from most of our other friend's familes. He told me that some friends  evern chose not to give him the contact infos once moved or relocated. What a pity,

Thx for the explanation. No long worried.

Those "friends" who chose not to give their contact info are not friends.