Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B resist VIREAD treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B resist VIREAD treatment

My doctor recommended Viread treatment to me for hepatitis b virus. I had taken pegasy for a year, no good result;the virus returned to the blood immediately few days after the treatment of pegasy .
For past 3 yrs i have been taken VIREAD. Normally i do DNA test every six months for the viread load. 5 dna test i did, all read negative( i.e two and half years ) . The last DNA test i did recently in january 2012 reads positive. I do take this treatment (VIREAD) everyday.My doctor is worried.
Can someone help me out on what to do.
so, HVB DNA was undetectable for tha letest 5 tests and in januart 2012 HVB DNA was positive.

what is test result value for HVB DNA for jan 2012 ?

do you change the laboratory ? (I was thinking to the fact that the cut off value to be modified )
I'm little bed confused with the terms HBV DNA negative and positive. Do you mean undetectable and detected? I agree with 4est: maybe the sensitivity of the test was different this time? If "positive" as you put it, how high is the viral load now?

check the quantity of hbvdna in iu/ml and post

consider to add entecavir to tenofovir, in this combo one antiviral protects the other from resistance, i am too on this combo
April 63: Wat i meant by DNA negative is 'undetectable'.Now the detectable load is 1.99 log ...
stef2011 : don't u think this could be too risky(combination of two high profile antiviral with horrible side effects).  
MY QUESTION REMAINS::: " WHY APPROVING TREATMENTS THAT CAN DEGENERATE AND WORSEN THE LIFE OF A PATIENT"
AM JUST TIRED , I HOPE GOD WILL SAVE MA LIFE
is 1.99 log ...

this is not accurate, post number in iu/ml.it is low anyway but must be undetactable all the time, there is no known tenofovir resistance so can be just a viral breakthru for a short period.how long on tdf?to stay on the safest side i d add etv

this combo has no sides and has been used so many especially on cirrhosis and end stage cirrhosis where virus must be totally suppressed, if they make no sides to people without a liver anymore what do you think you can have?

why dont you study some to know the results of tests?hbvdna 1.9log is around 10-20iu/ml any hbvdna less than 50iu/ml is ok but of course the less the better

you also need hbsag quant in iu/ml and fibroscan to know your status, hbvdna alone means nothing to your status it is only a measure of antivirals working
1.99 log - this is UI /ml or copies/ml ?

1.99 UI/ml = 98 UI/ml
1.99 copies/ml = 98 copies/ml = 28 UI/ml

as regarding combo that stef mentioned I think that he refer to take ENT and TNF inlaid (one day ENT next day TNF next dat ENT .....) and not to take ENT and TNF in the same day. (Or I got it wrong ?)

if hbvdna is less than 50iu/ml and decreasing there is no need to combo while if stable combo can be used

no the combo is both antivirals the same day and they have no toxicity or sides at all

http://www1.easl.eu/easl2011/program/Posters/Abstract621.htm

http://www.intmedpress.com/serveFile.cfm?sUID=93a79deb-b36b-4203-a642-5863e7f83561

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1478-3231.2011.02611.x/full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22037226
Thanks for clarification!  (seams that my understanding of combo was a wrong one)

What's your EAG status ? Negative or positive?
I THINK THAT WHAT WE NEED NOW AS TREATMENT FOR HBV SHOULD BE A THERAPY THAT WILL PERMANENTLY TAKE THE HBV OUT OF THE BLOOD AND SIMULTANEOUSLY STIMULATE  INCREASE OF HIGH VOLUME OF ANTI-HBS ( I believe that such a therapy can be the only solution)

such therapy is as posted many times tdf and then interferon add on

hbv is not in the blood but inside liver cells and from there goes everywhere, wht you do in the blood has no meaning otherwise a simple trasfusion will solve this but it doesn t....if you take out the liver you clear hbv most of the times but this is not applicable....

You still taking Viread from the same production company?
am still on the same Viread therapy but i must do another dna test in a month time according to my doctor ...BUT ANOTHER SERIOUS WORRIES IS-:

since after my 2007 liver biopsy , i noticed continious twitching and spasm on my right side under the ribs almost down to the colon . But i don't feel any pains when u press or touch my abdo even when you touch the particular side. But once i lie down ,i alwayz notice this 24/7 . My doc is aware of this development..i have done several ultrasound,radiology,i also did endoscopy and scan yet nothing has been seen but the feelings is always their  and a lot of discomfort. I do feel little relief whenever i passout stool. I don't know what this must be?
Wierd because I've been on viread for 6months and my last test for hbv dna was 70 iu, now its reporting 600iu a month later..

hbvdna 600iu/ml is very high you should add entecavir as soon as possible

are you sure you never missed a pill and always took viread with food?

this is very strange because tdf has no resistance even used at half dose but you better use entecavir as soon as possible because there is no sure therapy  for tdf non response if you fail entecavir
Does anyone know the potiential benefit and risk in combination of VIREAD+ALINIA  treating hbv. I also read about this drug "Myrcludex B" ,i think by now it suppose to be in the market...(or does it mean that giant drug making companies like "Gilead" are trading with people life?)

risks zero, alinia is one of the rare drugs that can be used even on 1yo babies since it is such a safe no sides drug

benefit is possible lowering of hbsag
is this Alinia available in any pharmaceutical store in europe?

i know some pharmacies import alinia in swiss if you order it but they charge very much for it
since alinia is just a little boost on combo with antivirals (it can be very useful with interferon only) i dont think it worths high prices.

in india 1000pills are about 100euro, i dont mean we can have prices like this in europe but i d not spend more than 40-50euro per month

1).   Please can i have the informations of the swiss pharmacy for Alinia.?..

2).   Also do you have any india reliable contact for alinia ?

3).   I have taken pagasy in 2007 for 1 year... can i switch back to pagasy again?

if possible i need to try once again pegasy with alinia

http://www.merlonipharma.ch/italiano/contatti_f.html

but they order from the brand alinia romark, not generics, and it is all wasted money to order from them

http://www.eurodrugstore.eu/anti-viral-infection__18__en/alinia__3293.html
this second pharmacy has generics but overpriced

http://www.pharmacy1010.net/
this one has no alinia but you may ask them if they can get a generic of it, prices are lower here

remember that trals on interferon+alinia used 2,7g daily, so it is best use 500mg pills taken with food every 4-5hrs.start with low dose and if you experience mild diarrea (diarrhea) take probiotics

the best to improve interferon response is: make hbvdna undetactable for at least 1 year by tenofovir, this rescue some immune response, start tenofovir+alinia+simvastatin+vit d3 4 week lead-in and then add on interferon, this is of course all off label except tdf+interferon

of course in the trial null responders to interferon responded to treatment after alinia add on and also interferon non responders responded to interferon and even cleared hbsag making hbvdna undetactable by tenofovir
HBV DNA- Negative(undetectable)
Inferior 6UI/mL
Inferior 0.78Log 10 .

LIVER TEST
Trans S.G.O.T =  24UI/L
Trans S.G.P.T  = 36UI/L

PLEASE I NEED MORE EXPLANATIONS .I AM COMPLETELY  CONFUSED NOW BECAUSE WITH TREATMENT THE VIRUS CAN STILL BE DETECTABLE  AND  UNDETECTABLE.
I am still on VIREAD everyday.
Is their any hope of losing hbsag ?.

we need hbsag count in iu/ml to say