Hepatitis B results
Hi. Big question... My husband was diagnosed with Chronical Hep.B about a year ago. the results were very low and the doctor said that there was nothing to worry about. six month ago he did the check up again, the results were DNA=3185 IU/ml, norm.negative, DNA quantitive=16763 Copies/ml. Yesterday i got the new results and there were much higher. DNA=45505 IU/ml, norm.negative. DNA quantitive=239500 Copies/ml. We are in Europe so the results look a bit different from what I read on the forum. I hate to wait before our next appointment to find out exactly what it means. maybe someone could help me and explain how bad is it?! Thank you in advance for your help.
Do you have other tests? Hbsag quant, hbe, alt? Post all here.
Hbv dna alone is not enough to understand.

The most important to understand how bad it is to check if he has fibrosis or cihrrosis. This is tested by ultrasound and fibroscan.  Good luck you are not in the US, in Europe all tests are well available.

Hbv is quite manageable disease nowadays.
No, nothing else was done yet. But I am looking forward to our appointment next week to ask for other tests to be done. I just thought those numbers mean a lot already.
Also, how is it possible that he has it, and it seems for a while, and my son, who was born a couple of years ago, and I don't?!
If he is otherwise healthy he has been infected since birth, because adults normally do not get chronic, they clear the virus themselves mostly without symptoms. For the same reason you may have got acute hbv from him that went through asymptomatic.
Only your child might be in trouble if was not vaccinated at birth, you must check it and also test child HbsAb to make sure he/she still has vaccine protection.

the DNA test tells only that he has a lot of virus in the blood, the level is high so he most likely needs to be treated, it is clear even without the other tests, but to get the right strategy of the treatment you need more tests.

you can find most of the info here http://www.hbvadvocate.org/

be careful with the doctors, go to a liver specialist with HBV exeriens, most doctors are not uptodate with the virus.
by the way your husband is infectious now (might have been not before when his hbvdna was undetectable). So you should also check yourself for HbsAg, HbsAb quant and get vaccine if needed.
You do not have to wait for the doctor, he will order the same tests, it will save you some time and nervs and make your visit to the doctor more effective.
Virus have been flared up after long silence as per your version, just two options are there Entecavir and Tenofovir, your husband's HBeAg seems negative "you must check it out"  suggestion to you: go with all important diagnostics when you go for consultation like HBsAg levels, Liver profile, Fibroscan if possible, and other associated assays as well, you can see many blogs in this forum which tests should one go before HBV treatment. Rest as Rome70 mentioned manage a screen test for yourself and go for vaccination if needed.