Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B test negative! Need help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B test negative! Need help

Hi there
Hope to find some informations about hepatitis. I'm bisexual man and had multiple sex parterns. On 20th sept( after a week of sexual active) had blood test for most of the STD. Results are negatvie, the follwoing is Hep B results.
Hep B Surface Ab(Anti-Hbs) - Negative(<=10mIU/mL)*
Hep B Surface Ag(HBsAg) - Negative*

I had first dose of  Hep B vaccanice on 4th Oct. I have doubt how long its takes to develope detectable antibodies to Hepatitis virus A,B and C after the infection occurs?
hepatitis C has no vaccine and even if you clear it by immune system you can get it again because it is a mutant virus

hbv vaccine requires from 4 weeks to several months, do check antibodies because about 10% do not respond to vaccine

hepatitis A never gets cronic (chronic) but it is good to make double vaccine for hbv and hav, hbv vaccine will also prevent liver cancer and hdv virus (hdv can only infect in the presence of hbv)

Hep C is not considered a STD and is transmitted by blood to blood contact.

hep B is a classic STD and is easily transmitted by sexual contact.  you are smart

to get the vaccine for hep B.  I believe it is a series of three shots so make sure you get

all of them.  there is not a vaccine for hep c.

actually there is a vaccine for hcv but it is not possible to know if it works because immune system cannot prevent infection due to the hcv virus mutating all the time, the only thing that might be achieved by a hcv vaccine is maybe a decrease of cronic (chronic) cases but there is no way to know by trials so the project has been stopped
Hi Guys
I gave test for Hep A and C, here Doc said they have vaccnice for hep A only, If i"m negative for Hep A then'll take the vaccine but I'm already in Hep  B vaccnice will it be matter if take both the vaccine?

vaccine for hepatitis A is not important at all, it is never cronic (chronic) and never makes damage to the liver if you are not infected with other cronic (chronic) hepatitis viruses at the same time, go somewhere else to get hbv vaccine it is crazy they don t have it, isn t it available at pharmacy why are you looking for it at the doctor

hepatitis A is nothing to worry about it is hbv which is dangerous
Its STD clinic so they Hep B vaccine only,I guess I can get the vaccine in some other clinic. If tested negative for Hep A can I take vaccine?