Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B test result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B test result

My lab test for hepatitis B shows:
HBsAg =0.27  .....reactive for >1
HBeAg=1.02.......reactive for >1
now am am i infected and could you explain what does it mean?
Test again to be sure.
Hbsag test is negative means no hbv, but hbeag is slightly positive -- probably mistake of the lab. Actually it is not possible to be e positive and s negative...
Sir is it possible to be hbeag=+ve along with hbv-dna=-ve after taking antiviral for about a couple of months?I'm asking this question because I have been taking hepitec 100 mg for about 8 months thereby having a chance to become negative hbv dna(from 1070 iu/ml 8 months ago) by now,so is there any need to test for hbeag again?Previously hbeag was positive.
Are you sure that HBEag positive or you meant HBEab positive?
It's Hbeag +ve.I had tested for it a few years ago when I had very low hbv dna.But 8 months ago I tested for Hbv dna and LFT only.The LFT results were within normal range but hbv dna was 1070 iu/ml.My doctor advised me to take hepitec for 6 months and again test for hbv dna.Now I am going to test for hbv dna again that's why I am thinking whether there is any need to test for hbeag again?Are you trying to hint that my +ve result of hbeag could have been wrong at that time?Even my doctor had expressed doubts over it.
My lab test for hepatitis B shows:
HBsAg =0.27  .....reactive for >1

this mean that is less than 1 meaning HBSag negative = non-reactive. if  more thant 1 it is HBSag positive =reactive

there fore the lab result is confusing it shout tell you either HBSag Neg or Pos period to avoid confusing

So ROM70 doubt is correct how can you be HBSag negative when HBeag is positive. A person having Hep B 1st he need to seconvert from HBeag to negative with HBeab positive, 2nd he needs to clear HBV dna Und replication of virus, last and not least seroconvert HBSag to Und.

HBeAg=1.02.......reactive for >1
Meaning HBe ag positive in the figure above higher than 1
Saying all the above you can have some people just like my case 12.12.12 i discovered Hep B. doing all the test it was found that my HBeag is negative also HBeab positive.This means taht my system already seconvert HBeag  before i know i was infected.
best test to do: pos or neg (If already done please post them here for the sake of others to learn from your case)
HBSag
HBSab
HBC Igg
HBC Igm
HBEag
HBEab
HBVdan
HBSag quant
Genotype
Vit D