Aa
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B titer and alcohol
Does alcohol hepatitis effect the results of a Hep B titer?  Thanks for your help.
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
welll if you have the vaccine then no it doesnt.. if you are vaccinated , titers should show antibodies.. alcohol is bad for you health regardless

good luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
It may increase your ALT and AST.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I don't have the vaccine, I'm getting the titer for school.  I didn't know if the Hep B titer only checked for the virus or overall liver health.    Not a big drinker but I went out to a friends get together the night before the blood test and had some drinks.    thank you for the answers.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
well, then i would do the test not just for school but for the same of knowing and living at ease.. it is a good time to get vaccinated ofcourse.. better safe than sorry so ask for the vaccine when you go in .

also as mentioned in cajim's reply, drinking alcohol raise the level of your liver panel's ALT and AST.

hepB titer tests for the presence of antibodies for hep B and thats is why i assumed you were vaccinated before. if your work or school required over all health then a simple blood test including liver panel would have done the job .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
Top Hepatitis Answerers
Blank
stef2011