Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B titer and alcohol

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B titer and alcohol

Does alcohol hepatitis effect the results of a Hep B titer?  Thanks for your help.
Tags: Alcohol, titers, help, results, hep
welll if you have the vaccine then no it doesnt.. if you are vaccinated , titers should show antibodies.. alcohol is bad for you health regardless

good luck
It may increase your ALT and AST.
Avatar n tn
I don't have the vaccine, I'm getting the titer for school.  I didn't know if the Hep B titer only checked for the virus or overall liver health.    Not a big drinker but I went out to a friends get together the night before the blood test and had some drinks.    thank you for the answers.
well, then i would do the test not just for school but for the same of knowing and living at ease.. it is a good time to get vaccinated ofcourse.. better safe than sorry so ask for the vaccine when you go in .

also as mentioned in cajim's reply, drinking alcohol raise the level of your liver panel's ALT and AST.

hepB titer tests for the presence of antibodies for hep B and thats is why i assumed you were vaccinated before. if your work or school required over all health then a simple blood test including liver panel would have done the job .