Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B.

My HBsAg is reactive but my HBeAg in non-reactive. My Hepatitis B DNA by PCR is not detected. what does it mean? I knoe i am carrier but i just want to know that am i a healthy carrier or should i go through some other tests?
Thanks v much.

it means that if you check hbsag quantity by abbott architect and hbsag is less than 1500iu/ml you can clear hbv once and for all by interferon+tenofovir

on the contrary you will stay infected
I think my values are 250iu/ml.

250iu/ml is the end of the range detactable without diluition, i think that you have a report like this:

hbsag >250iu/ml

this means hbsag is not quantified becuase your blood sample was not diluited, so hbsag can be any value higher than 250iu/ml.

so in the end we dont know what hbsag is.ask lab for accurate hbsag quantity in iu/ml, exact number reported like this:

hbsag  2500,99iu/ml
Avatar n tn
Is it possible that your hbs ag and anti hbs could both be positive?