Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis B

I am a 25 year old female with Hepatitis B concerns. About 2 years ago I was fingered very briefly with pre cum and my partners penis touched the outside of my vagina briefly. I got tested at the time for everything including Hepatitis C and all was negative. However, I did not get tested for Hepatitis B because I was vaccinated as an infant/child and I'm assuming it was fine at the time. I have gone to the ER this past winter for what turned out to be gastroenteritis, but no one mentioned anything wrong with my liver. Other than that, no symptoms. Any reason to have a Hepatitis B test or is my anxiety getting the best of me?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hepatitis B is found in the precum, semen, and blood of an infected person. Hepatitis B vaccine is very effective in preventing transmission of hepatitis B infection. Since you have already been vaccinated the chances of transmission are very low. If you are doubtful about hepatitis B infection you may consult your doctor and get tested to clear your doubts. I hope it helped.
Best luck and regards!