Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis Vaccination

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis Vaccination

Hi, i have a question, today i was vaccinated with the hepatitis A and B but something happened. when the nurse was injecting the Hepatitis B vaccine, i guess something happened to the syringe that while she was injecting, the syrup or liquid escaped from the syringe and it got to my face and to the floor so my question is, since some of the vaccine or maybe most of all went to the floor and maybe just a small amount went inside my body, does that mean that i need to retake the first shot again of the first cycle or my body can produce antibodies or defenses with just a small amount of vaccine?

another thing that i want to add is that they injected me with the Hepatitis A in my left arm and the B in my right arm and i feel a little bit of pain where i had the vaccine for the A but the other arm where i had the vaccine for the B, where the incident happened, it doesn't hurt at least not now. does that means that i didn't get the vaccine inside my body or maybe a got a small dosage and that is why i don't have no pain in that arm? or the vaccine does not have nothing to do with the pain?

Thank you.
When in doubt check it out! Always remember we are the patients & doctors have the responsibility to answer our questions. Question your doctor about your concern but remember once you get tested for the Antibodies will confer whether your shot worked. Best Wishes.
Avatar n tn
Hi, i have a question, yesterday i was vaccinated with the hepatitis A and B but something happened. when the nurse was injecting the Hepatitis B vaccine, i guess something happened to the syringe that while she was applying the injection, the syrup or liquid escaped from the syringe and it got all over my face and to the floor so my question is, since some of the vaccine or maybe most of the vaccine dropped to the floor and maybe just a small amount got inside my body, does that mean that i need to retake the first shot again of the first cycle or my body can produce antibodies or defenses with just a small amount of vaccine? do i have the same protection as a full dosage? i asked the assistant and she asked the doctor and the doc told her that it was fine, that's what the assistant  told me. the assistant was the one who administered the vaccine.

another thing that i want to add is that they injected me with the Hepatitis A in my left arm and the B in my right arm and i feel a little bit it of pain where i had the vaccine for the A but the other arm where i had the vaccine for the B, where the incident happened, it doesn't hurt at least not now. does that means that i didn't get the vaccine inside my body or maybe a got a small dosage and that is why i don't have no pain in that arm? or the vaccine does not have nothing to do with the pain?

To: lifelove54, i asked the assistant and she went and asked the doc and based on the assistant the doctor said that it was fine. but i don't know if i should believe her or not because it was her fault as to why i didn't get the full dosage. the the doctor left, that's why i didn't ask the doctor directly plus i don't want to get her in trouble either.

Thank you.