Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis Vaccine question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hepatitis Vaccine question

I was diagnosed with hepatits B; I told my mom today and she tells me that I got the vaccine
is that possible? to get hepatits B even after getting the vaccine? please help me out because Im confused
the doctor told me that I have a big viral load
and I feel that my liver hurts,I have all the symptoms and I also tested for every other stds; did xrays for almost everything to rule out other things
is it possible to get HBV even after getting vaccinated ?
Vaccination does not produce anti-bodies for HBV in few people. One way to be sure is to get tested 6 months after vaccination.

Follow your doctor's advise. HBV can be controlled and you will get better.
Sorry to hear about your recent news. Have you checked with your doctor about whether you are diagnosed as acute or chronic? If acute, then there is a 95% chance of you clearing the virus out for good. Find this out as it is very important. If chronic then you are still able to live a normal and healthy life as slong as you are sensible. This means you will have to monitor your condition just as a diabetic or epileptic does. Let the docs keep you well. The medications for this virus are very good these days not like they were some 20 years back. So don't be too upset. You will feel much better about this in a few weeks time.
Hey thank you guys for the support its helpful
I went to another doctor today and she said that I dont have any jaundice which I thought I did and that I didnt look pal. she said that normally for my body type, age etc .. I shouldnt worry about getting the virus after getting the vaccine.
now tomorrow Im going for another blood test thats gonna be the one that determines for sure if its hepBv or not. so I keep my fingers crossed tonight.
Honestly I read about hbv and Im not that worried.I was worried because I came to visit my family and was worried for them to get the virus.they are all vaccinated.
I ll keep you guys updated because that ll be funny to have the virus after getting the vaccine especially an active and healthy person like me (work out daily and eat green)
GREAT NEWS. first doctor made a mistake;my alt test and other blood test came back today and it was positive because im vaccinated , I dont have hbv
I still cant believe it,its been almost 6months that I was told I had it and I accomodated myself to live with that idea
I ll stay on these forums to help other people since I learned so much about HBV during these 6months and how to live healthy with the virus
Hey congratulations!!! Great to hear that ..All the best