Hepatitis B Community
Hepatitis affecting bloodwork for Autoimmune Disease Sjogren's
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitis affecting bloodwork for Autoimmune Disease Sjogren's

Just joined this forum to get opinions from others. I have chronic HepB (from my mother) and was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease a year ago, Sjogren's Syndrome. (My hepatologist said that a lot of Hep B patients have Sjogren's.) I had been feeling on & off fatigued and just "not right" for about 4-5 years. 2 years ago, my HepB levels increased and I was put on Viread. A year ago, my levels are now undetectable (although I believe I will always have HepB surface antigen in my system). However, at the same time, upon working full-time and graduating from Grad School, right after my self-produced, self-installed, thesis art show, I woke up unable to lift my legs, had gray spotty vision, light sensitivity, numbness in forearms, all skin extremely dry, stiff neck, was extremely weak, and felt like I was in a dream-state. Symptoms lasted on & off all last Summer. I now am about 70% recovered but have fatigue, slight vision/neuro issues, shooting numbness a few times a week.

Are these symptoms coming from HepB or AI? Do people with chronic HepB have continued fatigue issues? (I had it in the beginning when I first started taking Viread, but after a few months, I felt better.)

My current rheumy thinks my liver proteins are messing up the bloodwork and that I don't have an AI. (Even though 2 other doctors diagnosed me with Sjogren's) Has anyone else had issues with bloodwork?

I know that bloodwork with AI can fluctuate normally. Or the Plaquenil stabilized the bloodwork? The main problem here is whether I have an AI or it's from the liver. So tired of going to Doctors at this point.

My results:
5/2012 (PCP Test Results, started taking Plaquenil for AI 7/2012)
ANA Titer 1:640 (normal 1:80)
Anti-SSB 4.9 Hi

9/2012 (more specific testing by rheumy, by ml)
ANA 1:40
SSB 31AU/ml (ranged 0-40)

3/2013 (from a follow up with the hepatologist, stopped taking Plaquenil 1 wk before this test)
ANA Titer 1:1280
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...