Hepatitis b
Hi, I just want to ask. I am a hepatitis b carier for two years. the doctor said that I am a healthy carier. I don't have any symptoms. I am married with an American citizen and will be applying for petition. Would it affect my application?
Hi there,
In patients with hepatitis B infection almost in one in five cases the infection goes into a chronic phase. In this condition the person can be carrying and shedding the virus but may be apparently healthy with no symptoms. They are known as healthy carriers. But it is better that all people with chronic hepatitis B should have regular long-term follow-up so that timely anti-viral treatment can be started. Regarding petition application the authorities may need details about the type of hepatitis, results of serum AST and ALT etc.The decision depends entirely on the visa department and their medical department. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!