Hepatitus or HIV from Toilet Water
I work at a crisis stabilization residential facility in which many residents are HIV positive and/ or have hepatitus B and C (and possibly A?). I was recently using  the staff bathroom and dropped an item in it. I instinctively grabbed it out of the toilet. I then thought about the fresh cut that was on my hand. Could the water system at the facility contain hepatitus or hiv? If so, could I have gotten hepatitus or hiv from getting toilet water in my cut? Can hepatitus or hiv live in toilet water?  
hepatitis is not an issue:
hep A, never chronic, no damage, full recovery.it can be spread by water, not an issue just have vaccine which is combined hep A and hep B

hep B, never chronic in adults unless drug adicts because there s no functional immune system on these persons, also medication drugs damagining immune system like steroids, chemios and many others make chronic hbv on adults too, in the end it is just about 4% of adults to fall in these cathegories.
on adults with normal immune system full recovery, not an issue hep A  and B vaccine available, you can have it within few days of getting infected too with HBIG

Hep C, spread by blood only, so you get it in healthcare settings mainly.a research showed US is so bad as healthcare settings that this is the main way of spreading hep c in US, infact hep C is present in good percentage in US only and very little percentages in the rest of the world.fully curable
hbv spread by blood and sex only, it is good to take a/b vaccine if you live/work there
If you're worried, the best thing you can do to ease your mind is to get tested.
...and I would be more worried about a staph infection than any of that other stuff.
I don't know where you got your facts, but hep c is not currently curable.

you are so wrong, hcv has always been curable in high rates of response by simply interferon plus ribavirin.today it is 100% clearance by combo of 2 antivirals even without intf add on to the antivirals

this trial tried a combo without intf, 100% clearance and one relapse, of course intf add on would have also 0% relapse

http://www.saudijgastro.com/article.asp?issn=1319-3767;year=2013;volume=19;issue=2;spage=81;epage=85;aulast=Deutsch

Do you have hepatitis c? Have you discussed this with a Dr.? Or are you simply quoting one thing you read on the web? Because I do have it, and if it were 100% curable I would not have it. Soooo. Even the best meds that are currently undergoing trials don't have a 100% SVR "cure" rate. I think you should share your infinite wisdom with the multitude of people who have gone through Interfuron/ribavirin/third drug cocktails and NOT achieved a sustained viralogic response. Perhaps they're doing something wrong and you can help them. I don't claim to know everything about this disease by a long shot, however, I do know you shouldn't give false info. I'm not trying to put you down, just saying check your facts a bit more carefully, please, and don't give advice based solely on something you read on the internet. Thanks, Chris
casher78 there is no such thing as 100% working medicine.

The quoted trial by stef clearly shows the SVR rate is VERY high meaning its curable. If you consider most hep c are drug abusers etc you can easily deduct they continued abusing drugs or other stuff which had negative impact on treatment outcome.  
Look at IFN @ heb B - that's a problem with SVR on 10-20%.

FYC i paste results :
All patients (100%) achieved non-detectable HCV-RNA and had normal serum alanine aminotransferase levels at the end of the treatment. Eleven patients achieved sustained virologic response (SVR), one relapsed and one was lost to follow-up. The overall SVR rate was 84.6%. None of the patients required dose reduction or stopped the treatment due to side effects. Conclusion: In conclusion, early initiation of anti-viral treatment in patients with acute hepatitis C results in high-SVR rates (independently of genotype) and is well-tolerate
1. Acute hepatitis c is not chronic hepatitis c. 2. If someone is undergoing treatment for hepatitis c it is very unlikely that they are using drugs seeing as I doubt that there are any doctors that would treat an active drug user. 3. There are drugs in the pipeline that have a relatively high svr rate, however, those drugs are trial drugs and there is no way to know how successful they will be outside of the trials. They will most likely retain a higher svr rate than the current drugs, but the svr percentage will almost certainly drop when other variables are added.
   All that being said, my original point that I was trying to make to stef is simply that hepatitis c is NOT fully curable, it's not even close to fully curable, and giving false info to people looking for help and advice is counterproductive.
   I didn't get the info that I have from reading one paper on the internet. I got it from doing A LOT of research and talking to doctors.