Hepatitis B Community
High SGOT and SGPT

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

High SGOT and SGPT

My dad is 50years
his SGOT is 85 and SGPT is 132
beside he got Hepatitis B cause of family disease
cause his siblings also had Hepatitis B but all already under control
beside inside the liver got 2.44million virus
but doctor say liver still heathly
so what can i do now to reduce SGOT and SGPT?
it's consider danger situation?
thank u so much
there are many updates and new discoveries on hbv and liver damage in last 2 years if your doc is not updated he might have said many wrong things

alt has only one meaning he has liver damage now but it doesn t say anything about liver damage accumulated during the years

beside inside the liver got 2.44million virus, the quantity is so many that it doesn matter how the liver is he has the highest rsk of liver cancer/cirrhosis, especially if he is >40 years old.this quantity requires imediate therapy even if alt were normal and liver fibrosis very mild

but doctor say liver still heathly
how did he say that, we now know from many years that only biopsy and fibroscan can say the damage of the liver, blood tests say nothing, i have cirrhosis with nodules quite advanced but sill compensated but all blood tests normal.....now after 1 year of therapy it is regressing fast but you don t see it by blood tests or ultrasound

if he never had a biopsy or fibroscan you must check immediately if he has cirrhosis or advanced liver damage (which can be quite normal if hbvdna has already been in the milions).
if he never had an ultrasound to prevent liver cancer and fibroscan/biospy look for an updated doctor because such a big mistake can mean death for some people, you cannot say liver is healthy with virus replicating in the millions

it's consider danger situation?
if liver is not very damaged no, if his damage which is called fibrosis, yes very danagerous if cirrhosis is present

start therapy right away to make hbvdna und and alt normal, the new normal value for alt is below 30 for men (not anymore high numbers like 40 or 60)

the best drug according to the age of your father can be entecavir or tenofovir:
entecavir has no sides but you must check virus mutations before starting because some mutants make this drug useless in a couple of years, while if he has no mutants it is the best drug

tenofovir is the most potent but it can have on less than 1% patients a decreased bone mineral density over the years and kidenys damage, this drug is active on all hbv mutants

in case of cirrhosis entecavir is the best with cirrhosis regression by 3 years on all patients treated

First, really thank u so much for ur info : )

because the doctor so popular in my country
so he just say healthy n wont say or tell us anything :(
if not wrong my dad got do fibroscan
the report got write fatty liver change
what is this?

my dad currently taking Baraclude (entecavir)
this drug should to my dad?
is it possible to kill all virus?

he need to have healthy life like sleep early, do exercise n eat healthy?

Again thank u so much : )
the report got write fatty liver change
what is this?
fat in the liver due to bad diet, bad food, unhealthy life style, fatty liver can kill like hepatitis they are exactly the same.drugs can t cure fatty liver disease you have to change to healthy food and healthy diet, vitamin E and lowering cholesterol have been reported to help (not cure) with fatty liver disease

if not wrong my dad got do fibroscan
yes to confirm there is no fibrosis, if there is fibrosis entecavir will regress it in 1-3 years

good choice if it works hbvdna must get und by 6-12 months, resistance test must confirm there are no lam mutants so that we are 99% sure entecavir will work for very long time

is it possible to kill all virus?
not at the moment, probably by 10-15years of entecavir hbsag will get very low or und and it means drug can be stooped

absolutely yes, moderate exsercise, low cholesterol, healthy fresh food, BMI lower than 25 (normal wheight)

Really thank you so much
finally i know more about this
Thank you : )