How did I get hepatitis B?
I have hepatitis B, I dont konw how I got it.
I have one partner who has antibodies since before we met, I do not use drugs, or work in the medicle field, have not been exposed to blood, have not had sex with anyone other than my partner and no surgeries. How else could I have gotten it?
Well if you dont remember heaving symptoms then you might have picked it up during childhood. I have talked with one person who got it as a child from his friend from sharing a bottled drink. But they were both treated  and are fine now as adults.

Hard to say. Dental office equipment is often implicated in hbv transmition.

It is more common then the medical community likes to admit.

As for your partner heaving hbv antibodies. Do you mean he is immune? Most of chronics have antibodies against hbv. And are missing the final one that protects against hbv replication.

So i would test your partner with complete hep b profile to know his/her status first.

Well the thing is I am the husband and I am immune, have been since before we met. I have medical records that show that.

I think my wife had an affair and unprotected sex when was exposed to Hep B.
The doctor told her she was exposed Jan or Feb of 2010 because she became sick with her liver so he was able to make a time line.

She claims not to have been exposed by any of the ways listed.

I was told by my doctor to use protection during sex with her although I am immune?
My doctor didn't seem to want to get involved with where her Hep B came from.
She didn't have any dental or medical treatment at the time either.
She has pretty much recovered at this point and claims she has no idea how she got it.

I don't want to be exposed to any STD, Aids or HIV if she is out doing things with other people.

So my question is do you think it is unreasonable for me to think she has or is having unprotected sex?

well, ever think your wife maybe telling you the truth? HepB is contagious stuff easy to get like herpes. It is not airborne of course but other bodily fluids can transmit the virus.  I am not kidding you..

Another think is that condom use does not protect from HBV. I am here a living proof it. It is another LIE from Condom manufacturers co convince people that if they use condoms they will be OK 100%.

Several other German scientists also wrote research papers how HIV can got right through rubber condoms. Google the info..

Besides there are other variables involved how one wares condom etc.

But HBV is contagious if somebody is viral load positive  and you kiss them, share drink with them from the same bottle you can get exposed to HBV. Heaving sex with a VL + positive person is almost 99% guarantee you get it, with condom use maybe 50%-60%..

Other thing could be is that your wife had HepB since birth too and went through a flare..

Post here her lab results, a complete HBV profile will tell how resent the infection was. If Anti-HBC IgM is down the infection has being longer then six month old.