Hepatitis B Community
How do I tell her

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How do I tell her

Dear all, my wife and I lives in two different towns. I have just been diagnosed with HBV and I do not know how to tell her. She will probably faint or something more drastic could happen. I hope she is neagitive.
Can anyone please help me, what is the fate of a couple if both are HBV +ve? Can they still have children who will not be carrier.
The other problem is I don't know how I got this beacuse I am a staright guy and my wife is not promiscous also. Where could this be coming from. It will be very easy for people to conlcude that I exposed her to this but really I am confused.
Someone should please help me solve this riddle and advise on how to handle this.
could be you got it from your parents like myself. could be you got it from contact with infected blood, there are multiple ways to get it ... who knows? may be your wife has it and you got it from her. there are many people who have it and are unaware.

the child needs to vaccinated after birth so he/she would not get infected. but it is possible.

go to a doctor for advice on whether you need to be treated or not.
Just tell her the truth, did you check your blood before and come out neg? She could be the one who has it, or you get it when you are baby or from parents, dentist, or anything.

You can still have kids as long the baby have his/her HBIG and hep b shot at birth the baby will be fine. I'm a carrier myself and found out that i'm chronic during pregnancy and I had my baby and he's perfectly fine.

From now on you shouldn't be drinking and start eating healthy, find a good GI doc and keep monitor your liver.
Thank you both for your response.
I don't think I did, just went for a routine medical check and was told am +ve. Seriously trusting God for quick intervention anyway.