Hepatitis B Community
How do you clean with hep B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How do you clean with hep B

What is the best soap to use if you have Chronic hep b, and have family members?  I am getting the lysol IC from amazon to clean up bathrooms and stuff, but I am currently using anti bacterial soap to wash my hands.  I feel like that is not enough.  I would like to know if there is a soap that disinfects hbv?  I see purrell hand sanitizers in hospitals and everywhere else, is that good to clean up hbv?  What about dish degerants and for laundry?
You do not need to do all of these things.  The only real risk to your kids is if they come into contact with your blood and they have an open wound, very rare.  With that said, I do keep razors, nail clippers, tweezers away from my family that I use.  If I get blood on them I do disinfect with alcohol just to feel better.  

When you find out if your family is properly protected then you do not need to worry.  I still am careful with my utensils like the tweezers, razors but don't know if this is necessary even though I still do.  No need for special detergents, soap, etc.  
You are a true savior Ms. twinboys1girl4me,  I am starting to put my personal hygein stuff in a travel bag for lotions and stuff and keeping them away from my family members.  I already have bleach sprays that I made in every bathrooms.  Thanks again for your advice