Hepatitis B Community
How long ago...?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How long ago...?

I know it's personal, but how many years have you guys been chronic hb?  Or when did you find out you are chronic?  Me I just found out 3 weeks ago, going to be a month next Thursday.
I found out it 2 years ago, before that I have no idea I got chronic hepatitis b. I got it in my very young age. I do not no exactly but I assume when I was 13. It means I have been it over 4 decades. And also I have strongly beleive that my inactive hep b is reactivated by iron supplement I was taking. Before I was diagnosed, my liver enzymes were slightly higher for 1 year but never tested for hep b. So I wasted time to start antiviral and even past 2 years I did not pay much attention except taking entecavir. Finally, I was diagnosed cirrhosis. I joined this community 3 months ago, I have learned a lot considering myself lucky to find this group. 2 months ago, i set plan for treatment including supplements, diet and exercise in addition to antiviral based on my reading and suggestion of members. My condition is not good but I decided to do my best. So you should concentrate to monitor better in order to not get my stage. You can get a lot of good information from this community.
I found about it before 6 months ago... You might check again after 6 months, as it might be acute and will clear. The real definition of chb is 6 months where the hbsag is persistent.
did you do a fibroscan or biopsy to confirm cirrhosis? NAPS are known to reverse fibrosis and cirrhosis over time. If you were a inactive carrier for a long time, you should have no liver damage. How did you confirm cirrhosis? Did you check platelets, white blood cells, fibroscan ?
I found out when I was 16 but due to transfusion from being born very premature we can gather I've had HBV since birth.  Found out donating blood at a high school blood drive.  I'm now 42 and my liver is in good shape, with good biopsies and 4.3 kpa Fibroscan.  This can change, so I make sure to monitor the HBV.  I wanted to tell you this because one can live a normal life.  I've never felt sick from HBV, it just hangs out as I say.
most of us contracted hep b at birth or at a very young age. i was born with hep b.
Yes it is confirmed, I got my 1st fibroscan on November 2015, 12.6 kpa. I have never had biopsy, my Fibrosure was F3 on March 2015 but I thougth that test is not reliable for hep b pt, because it is evaluated for hep c pts. I was wrong. Now I beleive my fibrosis has started before I was taking antiviral since the time my liver enzyme increased.
I hope your fibrosis start reversing with NUCS. Did you start NUCS 2 months ago? Some members here have reversed cirrhosis check older post.