Hepatitis B Community
How long can Hep B live outside the body on surfaces?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I know all the sources say "at least" a week or "up to" a week but those two phrases are different and "at least" means it could survive longer.

I even found one nursing website where someone said their nursing teacher said it could survive 90 days or something like that in dried blood on a doorknob!!

Anyone here know the truth?

yes it can survive months that's right and to kill it hours of boiling water at 100°, it is an extremely resistant virus

it is lso difficult to find chemical to kill it
The standard is to use household bleach to clean up contaminated spilled blood surfaces. There is a commercial product, called Pure, I think, that is available in an industrial settings, like hospitals.