Hepatitis B Community
How serious is this result?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How serious is this result?

I have had Hep B since I was young. Now I have had it for more than 20 years. My Hep DNA result is 88 IU/mL; 512 copies/ mL. It is a little bit higher than the one I tested last year. Does it mean my Hep condition is getting worse? Please help me with an answer. Thank you very much.
That is not so bad: still low enough that you don't need any treatment. Just make sure you monitor it every few months. Some of us have HBV DNA in millions.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

you might also check your hbsag titter that correlates with the amount of cccdna in the liver cells and it can tell for sure who is inactive carrier
inactive carrier has hbsag 1000-1500iu/ml or hbs 214/323 s/n - hbs 216/273 s/n, this low hbsag can also tell probability of hbsag seroconversion with interferon if hbv becomes active and tx is needed

monitor hbvdna every 6 months at least and alt/ast every 3 months, no tx is required as long as you are inactive, you might try off label alinia to lower hbsag if it is very low and maybe serocovert in about 1 year (it has been tried on few patients and many seroconverted).alinia has no sides and no resistance, at the moment it is used for hcv