Hepatitis B Community
How to make Hbsag negative?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How to make Hbsag negative?

Is there any cure or any medicine to make Hbsag negative?

I was tested medically four years before for a job and found hepatitis B positive.Then I consulted a doctor,he took my complete hepatits tests and told me nothing to worry because hepatitits b virus was non-reactive.But when tested medically it shows positive.

I am much confused because this HbsAg positve is really doing problems for my jobs and career. Please guide me what to do and how can I get rid of this HbsAg??

all therapies just lead at the state you are already by your immune system so you just have to monitor since you have no illness and no liver damage (i assume your alt/ast normal).all therapies up to now have no influence on hbsag quantity which is correlated with the quantity of template virus in your liver cells (cccdna).

you might try off label alinia which is active against hbsag, cheap and has no sides/resistance, see our post below, if your hbsag quantity is 1000-1600iu/ml you might have chances to eradicate it.
Thanks for the information.
Yeh I never had any symtoms (symptoms) of Hepatitis b.So I think my liver is normal.
But all the trouble is this HBsag positive.This is doing problems for my job and abroad visa.
Please tell me which Hepatitis B tests should I take?
and How can I proceed further to eradicate Hbsag?

first check the quantity of hbsag in your case it should be 200-300s/n or less or 1000-1600iu/ml or less.Of course if less you have more chances.when hbsag gets to 0 the antibodies appears hbsab, they are always present but the number is not enough and hbsag neutralize them.
after you know your hbsag uantity you can start alinia off label, if you have problems to find it you can get generic, see this post on hcv forum:
from http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Alinia-Nitazoxanide-Sources/show/1124364

or alinia brnad from romark
from http://www.merlonipharma.ch/eng_frm_presentazione.htm

take a lot since therapy must be continuos and see also my posts about cholesterol and vitamin D.
if you choose to start please update your hbsag level at 3-6-12months in alinia post

if you start alinia also check alt/ast, hbvdna pcr, hbsag at 4weeks

elevations of alt/ast are a good sign but at the same time hbvdna must be stable or lowering, same thing for hbsag must be stable or lowering, it means your immune system can see cccdna inside infected cells and kill them

on the contrary alt/ast elevations with incresing hbvdna and hbsag are a bad sing, in this case therapy is not working
Thanks for the information.

Which test will show the quantity of hbsag? as you told it should be 200-300s/n or less or 1000-1600iu/ml.
Please name the tests which I should take to proceed further?

As I told you that I never had any symptoms,So do you think my Hbsag can be made negative???

an inactive carrier just has more chances with 1000-1600iu/ml of hbsag

cronic (chronic) hbv carriers have hbsag around 3000-10000iu/ml so eradication is impossible for sure, only the lucky ones with little hbsag are known to have chances of seroconversion

the kits are made by abbott and only research centers have it, in USA very little in europe it is easy to find these labs, just ask the lab for hbsag quantification

http://www.natap.org/2009/APASL/APASL_02.htm

see this article/study which is made by my doctors, i don't know if they still use this one now but on the market there are many kits from abbott or from other companies so just ask for hbsag quantification in iu/ml
I am from India. I came across tablet NETAZOX 500, contains Nitazoxanide 500mg.
I am HBsAG positive carrier. Existing for past one year. Shall I take this medicine. or if any rapid curing medicines available.

NETAZOX 500, it is not good for hbv because it is nitazoxanide+antibiotic, you must use ntz only
nizonide500 and nitarid are ok

you may use it but if your hbsag, hbeag and hbvdna level is very high it may take very long to see results.combo with interferon, entecavir or tenofovir is better in case of active hbv (high hbvdna)
Hi Stefano,
Thank you for your reply!

For me HBsAG OD ratio is 2.7
cut off value .01
Is this value is too large/ harmful to me?
For me HBsAG OD ratio is 2.7

it is not a quantity, for quantity you must make abbott architet hbsag quantification test in iu/ml, all other units are not usefull
Hi Stefano,

Last month I did HbsAg in MEIA methodology.Result shows that I'm reactive.

HbsAg- 179.02 ng/ml

What does it means?...If you cannot explain with the above value,Please share us what all other tests shall be done?
Expecting your earlier response..

Ani

ask lab for conversion to iu/ml if possible or mcg/L, low values of hbsag are 2-5mcg/L

but all studies are in iu/ml so we can say if it is high or low by abbott architet in iu/ml only

if you want to start ntz it will do no harm, you might use HbsAg- 179.02 ng/ml as reference and see until it lowers to negative, if it doesn t lower by 6 months ntz doesn t work on you
Hi Stefano, hope you are well.  Please can you tell me the difference of titer COI value and iu/ml. Im HBsAG positive. my titer value is 303.5 COI. kindly advise.

different scales, there is no correlation or way to turn coi to iu/ml, you have to make test by abbott architet, in usa and canada labs are absolete and do not have this machine

europe, china and reach asian countries have it

the numbers reflect the reagent quantity not hbsag quantity so it is not possible to say how much hbsag you have with those tests that are designed for reactive/non reactive result nothing else
hey what test they told to do HBSAG to be negative

My name is margaret my husband is suffering from HBSag. His count is showing 6000 not seen it properly and its from birth he says. his mother had jaundice when she was pregnant. we checked it the doctor said it is dead virus we cannot do anything to it. And i know it is not spreading because i dont have and not the child. CAN U HELP ME IN THIS REGARD
spreading because i dont have and not the child
just luky...

if he is hbe negative, hbeab positive, hbvdna und or very low by pcr, you can try nizonide500 from lupin, 1,5g daily with food (1 pill about every 8hrs) and check if after 6-12months hbsag is still positive

during therapy check alt, kidney function, hbsag quantity and hbvdna quantity at least every 3 months, if hbsagg stays the same after 6 months it doesn t work
Sr

Need one more help we have done only hbsag spot test for him. have we need to do any other test pls help me
all tests needed here

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

if you find a lab with abbott architet for hbsag quantification in iu/ml make that test too
my freind is hbsag and antihw positive. what does that mean?? is he medically not fit for job?
ak
My name is Kevin Tan. I will be assigned to Papua New Guinea next month, a place with high risk of malaria. The doctor advise us to take anti-malaria pills like Malarone and Doxicycline on daily basis.

I need your medical advise if these anti malaria pills will affect my liver as I am HBsag (positive) and Hbaeg (negative).

Also is there any bad effect on my kidney even I have no kidney disorder?

hoping to received your feedback at the earliest.

Many thanks & kind regards,
Kevin

hi im elmar and im 17yrs old, i have a chronic hbv, i want 2 ask that if there's any chance my hbsag,anti-hbc igg,anti-hbe  become negative? the account of my hbsag is 7839,my anti hbc igg is 0.009 and 0.019 for anti hbe.. what medication do i needed to become this results will be negative?

take artesunate it is the best drug for malaria without resistance development and it is also a broadrange antiviral active on hbv
i dont think you can monitor hbsag quantity by abbott architect in your country but check if you find it and do so because you might be able to clear hbv too

do not use the other drugs and ask for artesunate only since it is active to clear hbv too.the mother of a forum member cleared hbv when she was treated for malaria

check liver function during treatment, almost all drugs are toxic for liver so you need to monitor during treatment.in any case malaria attacks the liver too so you must treat malaria as soon as possible.let us know the results on hbv with artesunate especially hbvdna quantity and hbsag quantity

http://www.malaria-ipca.com/artesunate.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16122816

Antiviral Res. 2005 Nov;68(2):75-83. Epub 2005 Aug 10.
Effect of artemisinin/artesunate as inhibitors of hepatitis B virus production in an "in vitro" replicative system.
Romero MR, Efferth T, Serrano MA, Castaño B, Macias RI, Briz O, Marin JJ.
Source
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Salamanca, Spain.
Abstract
The antiviral effect against hepatitis B virus (HBV) of artemisinin, its derivative artesunate and other compounds highly purified from traditional Chinese medicine remedies, were investigated. HBV production by permanently transfected HepG2 2.2.15 cells was determined by measuring the release of surface protein (HBsAg) and HBV-DNA after drug exposure (0.01-100 microM) for 21 days. The forms of HBV-DNA released were investigated by Southern-blotting. Neutral Red retention test was used to evaluate drug-induced toxicity on host cells. The compounds were classified according to their potential interest as follows: (i) none: they had no effect on viral production (daidzein, daidzin, isonardosinon, nardofuran, nardosinon, tetrahydronardosinon and quercetin); (ii) low: they were able to markedly reduce viral production, but also induced toxicity on host cells (berberine and tannic acid) or they had no toxic effect on host cells but only had a moderate ability to reduce viral production (curcumin, baicalein, baicalin, bufalin, diallyl disulphide, glycyrrhizic acid and puerarin); (iii) high: they induced strong inhibition of viral production at concentrations at which host cell viability was not affected (artemisinin and artesunate). Moreover, artesunate in conjunction with lamivudine had synergic anti-HBV effects, which warrants further evaluation of artemisinin/artesunate as antiviral agents against HBV infection.

PMID: 16122816 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Use of Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Level as a New Marker for Disease Control in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients...

http://www.healthcanal.com/infections/21729-CUHK-Discovers-the-Use-Hepatitis-Surface-Antigen-Level-New-Marker-for-Disease-Control-Chronic-Hepatitis-Patients.html
Hello I am a mother and I am hepatitis b positive for 6 years since I done the test of hbsag.then, 1 week ago,i recheck it and I found the result is negative.my question is,is it possible?i feel so bad with the POSITIVE.

of course it is, about 3-4% clear hbsag every year
I am having Hbsag count COI:7027, cut off value 1. How can i inerpret

no interpret, it is not hbsag quantitative

COI:7027, this is the reagent of assay, not hbsag
sir,

My wife has been tested Hep B +ve, HBeAg: -ve, HBsAb:-ve, HCV: normal, Liver Enzymes: Normal, HBV viral load: 141 IU/mL.

With this information could you tell us if there are any means we can make her Hep B +ve. what could be the treatment or medication??

thank you.
i have HBsAg positive since 2001 (tested for vaccination & found positive).
i did several tests & found HBv DNA test negative, HBeAg negative.
recently i got index 6701.0i.e. by ELISA test,308 intu 10 to the power 9 L Hb% platelet count, 25U/L SGPT(S ALT), Prothrombin time 14 sec...now what will i do? is this disese (disease) so much serious?
I have been detected HBSag positive status please advice me is there any medicine (capsule/injection) to eradicate, and I have no symtom sign or illnes can it be make nagative information please.
I am suffering from Hep B. HBSAG count is 250, TSH 77, B12 136, can any one suggest me some medicine and precaution.
my ID is ***@****.
may gamot po bah ang hepa B????????????/
sir.i have tested hbsag positive on 15 jan. 2013.also i have
hbeag -ve
hbeab +ve
hbvdna 190 iu/ml
hbsag quantification 15236iu/ml.
sgpt and sgot is normal.
on consultation to doctor,they advised that i am in non infected carrier state.so,no need for medication.they have asked me to come after 6 month for monitoring sgpt status.
so,sir do i need medication and will hbsag become negative..
hbeag -ve
hbeab +ve
hbvdna 190 iu/ml
hbsag quantification 15236iu/ml.
sgpt and sgot is normal.
Hi ,
i am a biotechnology professional. Last year in march i got myself HbsAg +ve.I have not done any unprotected sex ever. anyhow i am nw HbsAg +ve .
Date:28-aprl-2012
the concern is after infection i got my HBeag report which says -ve viral load less than 0.27 S/CO and LFT  normal and SGPT/SGOT levels as: 37/48.
i had no enlargement of liver ,USg shows only fatty infiltration.
agin on 02/05/2012
my LFT result variated :
SGOT   131   SGPT:150
my blood cultue and urine culture is normal after 36 days of incubation.
i got my OD (optical density -cell volume) for HBsAG it was 13.36 method ELISA.
again by one of the reputed biotech lab i got my HBV DNA quantitive by PCR values negative (<3.8IU/ml or <26.6 copies/ml).date:11/06/12

i did my Hep.C.ABS method non reactive means -ve .no hepat.C.18/07/12
and on 18/07 my SGPT is high value: 81
my hep.BE antigen Serum is non reactive:value0.25 dated:19/07/12 mean no viral load.
Hep.B core Antibodies: 0.094 +ve  mean less antibodies.dated:19/07/12
on 21/07/2012 Liver elastography is normal no evidence of liver disore.
on 21/07/2012 HBV viral load by TAQ MAn : value <20 iu/ml is also negative  means no viral load.

in between i got a min splemomegaly infectionspleen inlarged for 2cms.AST/SGOT and ALT/SGPT high 63 and 100on 27/07/12.
my plateet got down to113 thou/ul very low i sayaround 60,000.
i dont have HIV both phase1 and Phase 2 tested.
on 04/08/2012 Hep. B core IGM is negative : value:0.31.
on 17/08/12 EBV DNA by PCR  not detected.
on06/09/12 HBSag serum Reactive.
again on 20/09/12 Hep.BE Antigen Serum is Non Reactive value: 0.32
again on the same day : Hep.B core IGM is not reactive value:0.05
and again Hep.B core Antibodies total on 02/10/12 goes to 11.920 which shows a good amount of increase in antibodies from earlier valueof 0.09.
and on 22/09/12 HBV Viral load by TAQ is also negative <20IU/ml.

after a long gap on 22/01/2013 today i got again HBSAG +Ve and SGPT/SGOT values a little disturbed. liver nad spleen normal.
I ahd undergone Bone marrow aspiration, Lumar Punture for CSF and Lymph biopsy and found no viral infection. please suggest me what to do. i want my HbsAg -Ve at any cost.regards,Abhay.

hi stef
i wanted to know that my dna is undetectable, hbsag is 15iu/ml & anti hbsag is 209. should i take alinia or interferon to clear my hbsag completely? as i have read in ur comments.
waiting for ur reply sir
hi stef
my hbsag is 15iu/ml & dna is undetectable. my antihbsag is 209. should i take treatment of alinia or interferon & clear my hbsag completely? as told in ur comments.
me too!!i really hate that kind of virus!!!we just advice each other anything!!rite?
Bilirubin total=22,bilirubin conjugate=19,Protein=64,Albumin=38,AST=22,ALT=25,Alkaline phosphatase=03. How bad is my health now?i just got the result and i have appointment with a specialist next month
My hepatitis range is 25u/ml.what shoul i do
hi sir,
i have one doubt regarding Hbsag .... once it comes positive any chance to go -ve..if its not change it create any illness in future  
My hsbag quantity is 611.34 IU/ML pls ,let me know that how my body is infected with virus and also will it  becomes to negative,if so pls suggest the ways to eradicate it.

Thanks,
Bhagavan
nagpa check ako several times na.. normal naman lahat sa akin sabi ng doctor... HBsAg lang talaga ako nag positive... say "HBsAg reactive".. ano pa ba dapat kong gawin.. can somebody help me? what medicine, food, or vitamins should i take para mawala na to sa akin... please reply... thnx... god bless po.. sana gumaling na taung lahat..

if you are chronic you can use pegintf for 48weeks, with such low hbsag you ll clear for sure
to boost pegintf response you can take vit d3 and make serum levels to 80-100ng/ml, also simvastatin 20mg daily may boost pegintf response
Hi Stef....

i am in hotel industry in F&B SERVICE and i suffering from  HBs Ag +ve. And due to this i have been failed in medical check-up for UAE .
Then i consulted a doctor and he has taken me through all possible check-ups
My liver functioning is very fine and everything related to this is functioning very well... and Doctor was saying you are fit for your job but UAE certified medical centres were saying your doctor has given high borderline we do not consider it make it lower. So i would like to share some important figures related to this ....

HBV-DNA(QUANTITATIVE) PCR-1250
VALUE                                    INTERPRETATION
TARGET NOT DETECTED         HBV DNA NOT DETECTED
<3.8 IU/ML                           HBV DNA DETECTED <3.8 HBV DNA IU/ML
3.8&4*10~9                         RESULTS ARE WITHIN LINEAR RANGE OF
                                           OF THE ASSAY
4*10~9                                GREATER THAN 4*10~9 HBV DNA IU/ML

SECOND REPORT

HBeAg   NON REACTIVE
TEST VALUE    0.22

REF. RANGES
=.80 TO =1.20 IS REACTIVE  

So Stef can you please help me out on this..
How can i lower it down and what precautions should i take in eating and drinking...i used to drink alcohol should i stop it or what ......

Regards
AS14
first of all we need hbsag quantity in iu/ml and hbv genotype

according to results you can clear hbsag by:
1-2 years of peginterferon

3 years of tenofovir and then peginterferon add on for another 2 years

making vitamin d 100ng/ml or higher using biotech d3 plus (d3+vitamin k) on no milk, no cheese, no bananas diet can help respond faster
I would just like to know what is the most toxic thing I could possibly consume whilst having hep b?
my test results are:

40iu/ml

233copies/ml

what is the next thing to do to cure this?

thank you all
pls help me here stef...

thank you so much
what should a person do that she/he have hbsag is positive but hbv dna is not reactive, so what should she/he do?
is there any treatment is need or not.
dear sir
My hepatitis B surface antigen is positive for 5 years ago bud my hepatitis B profile is normal , and hbv dna by pcr is not reactive so what should i do? Is there is to need any treatment or any vaccination?
Please guide me in right way. Is it passible that  hepatitis B surface antigen become negative or not please tell and reduce my tension.
with best regard
dear sir
My hepatitis B surface antigen is positive for 5 years ago bud my hepatitis B profile is normal , and hbv dna by pcr is not reactive and My LFT profile is all normal  so what should i do? Is there is to need any treatment or any vaccination?
Please guide me in right way. Is it passible that  hepatitis B surface antigen become negative or not please tell to reduced tension.  
with best regard
pwede po ba magtanong?? kakakuha ko lang po ng result ko kanina , d p po ako nagpupunta sa gstro.kc wl p po aq pera.. ano pu b ibig svhin nito:

TEST                                RESULT               UNIT                            REFERENCE RANGE          COMMENT
aNTI HBS (CMIA)                 0.00                    mIU/mL                        C.O.V. 10.000                    NONREACTIVE
HBsag w/ titer (CMIA)           2840.03                                                   C.O.V. 1.000                        REACTIVE

.SAlamat po...
i am come from bangladesh. My HBsAg positive now what can i do? How to negetive it? Please tell me.
the cure is 3-5 years of tenofovir and then peginterferon add on, abbott architect machine is needed to make hbsag quantitative in iu/ml and follow the decline of hbsag until undetectable

serum vitamin d, vitd25oh, must be 90-100ng/ml on hbv carriers
Hi ,my father has been detected HBs Ag positive and the method of detection is by real time PCR by rotor gene-6000 and it reveals 14,05,189 iu/ml. After reading all the comments i came to know it is indeed a serious problem but he doesn't show any severe health effects. But we are worried about his health. So please suggest him some medications to bring it down and suggest some food habits which he could follow to bring down the germs. Also mention whether it will have any serious effects to his health?? Which food to be taken and which has to be avoided? Please doctor it will be beneficial to a whole family if you could help us.
I was tested visa medical test one month before  found hepatitis B HBsAG ( Screening , serum by CMIA = Reactive ( 0.63) what this means. pl kindly replay
PLEASE SIR MY NAME ERIC FOR VIRAL MARKERS HBsAg - POSITIVE,
HBeAb - POSITIVE AND HBcAb-IgG - POSITIVE PLEASE SIR WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU