Hepatitis B Community
I' am confused!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I' am confused!!!

I read someone who post that he/she undergone a vaccination process. Is vaccination and interferon similar? Does it help? How much that it cost? The doctor told me that it is useless because the vaccine is a dead bacterium being injected to your body, they are like soldier who will protect the body so if ever the virus or the hepaB virus will enter in the body they will be killed by the dead bacteria that are already inside the body. Is that true? But I think vaccination will still help in a way that it may still combat against the virus who are already inside the body. I’ am confused.

vaccine can be used only before getting infected, it is made at birth, now is totally useless.your immune system is driven by the virus now and even interferon is blocked by the virus in most patients

sorry i dont read what your doctor says, i'd look for an expert liver specialist, but really expert, many doctors in the philippines look like ignorant butchers prescribing dangerous banned drugs so i dont know if they are real doctors or how they get doctors there.do not trust them unless the best in the country

interferon is very expensive, vietnam has a generic version which might be less expensive but this work on 10% patients by 5 years,  too little

interferon+tenofovir works in more than 30% by 2 years to clear virus, addition of off label alinia might increase the eradication percentage.

a researcher might be aware of what i am posting, a normal doctor is absolutely unaware, a liver specialist who is updated every year by international liver congresses will know what i post