Hepatitis B Community
I dont understand these lab results please help?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I had tested reactive for Hep b surface antigen a month ago and I had more blood work done on the 9th of this month and everything came back in range and the hep be antigen and hep be antibody were both negetive. What does that mean? I asked the nurse and they said I dont have an active infection. They recomened being retested in 6 months. S
If you are HBsAg negative and anti-HBs negative, it makes sense to get vaccinated so that you are immune against HBV for life.

Ask your doctor.
HBsAg  was positive the new test doesnt say if it still is it just shows my hepatic panel was normal and neg for be antigen and be antibody and viral dna <20,000.
Not sure what "normal" means.  Viral DNA <20000 means you have viral activity which means HBsAg is positive.
Normal meaning everything was in range. On the lab report it said <160 and <100 but the dr wrote in that the dna count was <20,000. Im confused because they weren't very informative.
Could you post your lab results with their range values?