Hepatitis B Community
I got tested for Hep B, how long would the results come out

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I got tested for Hep B today and I was testing whether I am vaccinated and whether I am infected with Hep B or not. How long would the results come out?
I can’t say for sure. A lot depends on what tests were done and if they had to send the blood work to a lab in another part of the country to be analyzed.

I do know that my viral load test results take a little less than 1 week to get back because they have to send the blood  to some other place, but simple tests like surface antigen can be done in my regular doctors office and the results are ready the same day.
I was checking surface antigens and antibodies but I was sent to another place to draw blood, not the doctor's office.
They were probably checking the quantative value instead of qualative so even though you went to a lab instead of you doctors office, that lab may have to send the blood somewhere else to get these values. Really all depends on where you live and/or what kind of equipment that lab has on hand. Some labs only have equipment to read the simplest of tests and therefore have to send the blood to a better equipped lab for analysis.

I would still guess around a week for results.

Best of luck to ya.