Hepatitis B Community
I have Hep B eAb positive what does it mean?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I have hep B eAb positive with low HBV VL what does it mean?
I have  discovered last year in April  that I have Hep B eAb positive with low HBV VL,treatment no need and this year I have been to GP doctor and she has taken me blood again and when i got the result it says Hepatitis B surface antigen level,antigen detected
Serum total bilirubin level 25 umol/L
ALT/SGPT serum level 70 iu/L
AST serum level 84 iu/L

it means you have a worst and aggressive hbv infection, the antibody is useless and hbvdna is also useless unless totally undetactable with alt less than 30
hbeag negative has bcp and precore mutants with increased risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer, you should check if you have these mutants

these are the main and most important tests to monitor hbv infection:
fibroscan to monitor liver damage, less than 6kpa no liver damage, more than 8kpa increased hcc risk and relevant fibrosis

hbsag quantity, immune status and infected cells.if less than 1500iu/ml highest chances to clear on interferon+tenofovir

the only hbv cure at the moment is sequential treatment of tdf for 1-3 years and then interferon add on for 96 weeks
Thank you very much for your answer!
my result from last year was ALT 17,HBV VL<20iu/ml,US abdo-NAD,Fibroscan 6.2kPa-most likely mild fibrosis.

this means almost inactive hbv but to confirm this hbeag neg and low VL is not enough hbsag quantity in iu/ml can confirm inactive carrier state and slow clearance of hbv with no need of treatment

as to mild fibrosis it may be due o toher factors than hbv, do you eat fresh food and healthy life (no fats, no too much red meat, no alcool)?

antioxidant therapy like firboguard or diet like fibroguard can help get fibrosis to zero.fibroguard contains blueberries, curcumin, pomeganate, gree tea, reservatrol and so on

if you find hbsag less than 1500iu/ml you may clear hbv by interferon easily, if you find hbsag less than 500iu/ml you will probably clear it with no therapy needed
also alinia monotherapy can be a good therapy try since this has no sides but clearance in monotherapy has not happened until now on our members who tried it
ALT/SGPT serum level 70 iu/L
AST serum level 84 iu/L

if this is results from this year hbv is active again, you should check both hbvdna and hbsag quantitative in iu/ml to ocnfirm if it is virus active due probably to bcp or precore mutant or if you are clearing hbsag...very rare
thank you so much,you helped me a lot and i know what i have to do know in order to stay healthy God bless you!