Hepatitis B Community
I just knew that I have hep b.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I just knew that I have hep b.

Am 23 years old and I just donated my blood in one of the blood camp. After a week there was call from lab and after I visited they gave a news as am having hepaitis B. Am still 23 and am full of worried. How can I start the treatment and how soon should I start it? I read in google that hep B is uncureable... can it be cured? Please anybody help me through this....
you are born with it and it makes no damage to most carriers.what makes the damage it is not the virus but our immune system and it is tollerant until 20-30 years old, the damage comes after 40-50 year old usually

if you got it as an adult you ll clear it as all adults

browse the community to understand all the tests and if liver is damaged how to block the virus/your immune system to make more liver damage

hbv is dangerous only for those not knowing they have it because at 40-50yo a minority develops cirrhosis/liver cancer, at your age you have probably nothing to worry about and probably dont even need to treat it
main tests in order of importance:
fibroscan
hbsag quantitative in iu/ml by architect or elecsys machines
hbvdna
hbeag/hbeab
hbcab igm
hbv genotype
ultrasound
liver function tests
Thanks, stef
But if we dont cure at the starting stage. I mean now it self then their mite be chances in future to get a chronic hep B rite?
based on what you can say that DILIP was born with it .

if you got it as an adult you ll clear it as all adults.

is this a fact if so how long would it take an adult to clear it?

is the answer six months and if longer then it is classified as chronic and then the person is born with it i am confused.

in my case for exemple i discovered hep b 12/12/12 i am still HBSag pos how would i know that i am born with it or got it as adult and i will clear it?
Am not sure as am born with it because from my childhood I have undergone many medical tests and medical aid, till now no doctor said me about this and I dont smoke, drink but I had sex with my lover that too not every time around 3/4 months once because we r yet to marry and the main thing is recently around one year back I had tattoo in my hand designed by my friend befor he designing it in my hand he was designing to some other person and after he finishes he used new needle but not sure that he washed the device edge, I think it may be the reason for my hep b. And one more thing is the lab tech whi tested my blood said that in future you cant donate your though if you get treatment also hbsag will be showing reactive in your blood. Am confused in this? Could anybody help me out on his...
if hbcab igm is negative you got it at birth

in any case it is extremely rare to fall in the 2% adults with compromised immune system not clearing hbv, it also doesnt matter at all and in india almost anybody got hbv
Please anybody give answer to my questions above..
hbsag is done only when you donate blood to prevent infections to others.it is not a blood test done since hbv is not considered a severe disease

we found only one study on this made lately (linked posted somewhere), the adults not clearing were only 2,8%.the time it takes to clear hbsag is 12 months
do not read around google, there were no studies at all in the past and everything was just supposed and wrong, there were no patients to do the studies since 2,8% is too low to find enough patients

it really doesn t matter to know if you were born with it or not, it makes no difference
if you have the virus for a duration of 6months or longer, that is called Chronic Hepatitis. Most likely, you got this perinatally (during chilbirth). This type of hepatitis is difficult to clear from your system, unlike the Acute type of Hepatitis.
I consulted a doctor and they made some test. I got the report today and the results are like this.
N
HBeAg   is 0.44 S/CO
HBV Viral load is <3.8 IU/ml

And in liver function test:
S.G.O.T  is  45 U/L
S.G.P.T  is  41 U/L

my doctor said there is no problem just take this tablets for some days it will be ok and he has given a tablet called  (Udoptic 300).

But am not sure in what he said can anybody help ti know what is the result stated?
And why is it necessary to take that (Udoptic 300) tablet?
Please visit Dr.Raj Vigna Venugopal . He is updated. Also Fibroscan is available at Manipal Hospital
those tests alone say nothing about your status, as smilyboy suggested you need a good and updated liver specialists and updated testing machines (not obsolete trash)

you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml
fibroscan

if hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml the use of peginterferon can clear hbv once and for all and you will be cured