Hepatitis B Community
Immune System

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Immune System

How to increase the immune system of the body, some one's told me the best way to fight hepa B  is to make immune system stronger. I am new member here and I am positive hepa b carrier.
Does hepatitis B lower the immune system ?
as what they told me, so if your immune system is weak the hepa b virus will become stronger, but if your immune system is enhance it can fight the virus and it will be cleared easily.

no it doesn't work so easily, the immune system is blocked by overproduction of hbsag and the only thing that you can do is try interferon to lower it, but if it is very high there is nothing that you can do, the immune system stays deppressed by hbsag

there is a new drug that clears hbsag in one weeks on 100% human patients that tried it and restore immune system response in 12-24 weeks, replicor rep9 ac, but it is still on human trial phase 2 so you have to wait because it is not available

if you find hbsag to be about 1000iu/ml you can try alinia off label or interferon or both in combo, it is off label on hbv and on trial for hcv.if you find hbsag on 10000iu/ml there is nothing to do but wait for replicor drug
Oh i didnt realise, everybody was always telling me that hepatitis B makes no difference to the efficiency of the immune system, thats interesting to know.

interferon and alinia work enhancing immune system response but if hbsag titer is too high they just block virus replication.alinia and interferon in combo with nucs are on trial at the moment but from small pilot studies there are better results in combo than mono with the most potent nucs like entecavir, tenofovir and truvada, of course we must wait trial results to know for sure the improvement in the response (nucs just block viral replication and have a very little impact on immune system too)

hbsag titer is a new tool to check therapy response but hbsag measure in iu/ml is only at research centers or specialized labs, while measure in s/n can be found easily and even if it is not accurate it can reflect the lowering of hbsag titer.