Hepatitis B Community
Immune escape phase hereditary genotype?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Born with hep b from infected mother. Mother has 2 brothers and all infected . All of them are on nucs. Since I might be going through a reactivation is it safe to say that reactivation maybe hereditary. If everyone in my family is hbeag - hbeab + mutations does that mean, we can say it is hereditary. Our family is now 4/4 and 1 more person left to go at age 31. Immune escape is usually around 30% but it looks to be 100% with our genotype. Is this possible?
I do believe that genotype and mutations get passed down, in your case from your mom.  Other mutations could form along the way, however.  

What genotype are all of you?  Genotype C is said to be the most risk to damage and hcc.  My doctor said that hbsag negative fluctuates all of the time and it can rise and fall pretty significantly for no apparent reason.  Check alt/ast and fibroscan for damage.  My doctor said that now with the new first line of NUC's usually being very well tollerated with little/no resistance that when that rise in dna and alt is seen (and he said since dna does flucruate this most often eventually does get seen) many doctors now would recommend treatment.  In your case, I would look to your family.  If they have cirrhosis or hcc then my take is that in time you too should be on meds to keep inflammation and damage under control or at a minimum.

I know for me, even though my dna was never over 2,000 iu/ml it would fluctuate widely in very short amount of times.  I do have evidence of inflammation on past biopsy and alt was 1.5 ULN so I chose to start Viread at 41.  You have that family history to look to and learn from (unlike me) so take advantage of that and learn what to do and not to do from them.  Good luck.
I really do not know what genotype we are, but I will be getting that checked in about 2 weeks. My mother and 2 uncles did not start treatment until 1999. Our family found out about HEP B when my grandmother passed away in 1998 from aneurism (aneurysm) in the liver. The vein in the liver caused her to bleed out.  . My first uncle has cirrhosis and when he found out in 1999 about his condition cirrhosis was there already. He was 48 at the time.  My other uncle had a small tumor that he cut out about a year ago, my mother so far has been ok but she recently discovered a water filled cyst 6 months ago and scheduled for a 2nd MRI tomorrow to see if it has gotten bigger or turned. My uncles cyst was water but it turned hard and he hat it cut out. I am worried as I just had a son who is 15 months old and just thinking about life cut short before watching him grow up is the hardest for me.
I think we are either B or C genotype.. We are Chinese that went from Mainland China to Taiwan after WWII and revolution in China.
What do u mean by " My doctor said that hbsag negative fluctuates all of the time and it can rise and fall" hbsag negative is cured and dont fluctuate maybe you meant hbeag negative which i agree they fluctuate like in my case
Woops.  Sorry, I meant hbeag negative.