In shock and don't know what to do
My husband's lab results came back from our insurance company that said the following:
- hemolysis - 14
- fructosamine 1.14
alkaline 92
bilirubin .47
sgot (ast) 34
sgpt (alt) 65
gamma 14
albumin 4.3
hbs-ag - reactive
hbe-ab - positive

__________________________________

When we had our (now) two year old, he received the vaccines, and during my pregnancy nothing was detected for me. My husband is going in tomorrow for a follow-up test with his doctor. My toddler and I are going in on Friday. I am devastated. Is he still contagious (above)?

I don't recall ever being vaccinated. I am sure that if my husband has it, then I do too. I am just worried about our baby.

Please help!
He is contagious.  You need to determine if he is chronic or acute.  You should not panic.  Your baby has been vaccinated so don't worry about him.  There is no guarantee that you have been infected.  You need to be tested.

What is your husband's ethnicity?
He is from Southeast Europe.
When I was pregnant I tested negative. I just got off the phone with our pediatrician and she doubts very much that our child has it because of the vaccines received at birth. I am extremely relieved but am planning for additional testing anyway.

I am not ready to deal with the reasons perhaps why my husband contracted this until I know my situation and that of our baby.
I asked about his ethnicity b/c many Asians are infected at birth or in infancy and so he would have been positive and asymptomatic forever.  Its still possible, actually.  Lots of tests left to do.  Let me assure you that this is not the end of the world.  A bump in the road that many of us are living (well) with.  Best wishes.
You are doing the right thing to have everyone in the family tested so you know for sure each's status.

There is a good chance that you have cleared the virus and developed immunity because >90% adults exposed to HBV can clear it.

Once you are sure you are anti-HBs positive, your husband's HBV can't hurt you even though you are his wife.

Your baby has a very high chance that he is protected by the vaccination.

Best.
If I did have it and become immune, a test would show the presence of antibodies, is this correct?

If I did not have it at all, my test would be negative?

I forgot to mention that he tested negative for anti-hcv and anti-hbc

--Right.

--anti-HBs would be negative.