Hepatitis B Community
India - treatment of hepatitis C ( 1b type).

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello.
I live in Kyiv, Ukraine
I need you to consult me in such matter.
My husband has hepatitis C (1B type).
And Im looking for a doctor or a clinic in India who treat such diagnosis.
So, please, give me an advice where to go with such a problem in India?

We will be in India on 14th January 2012 till 5th of March 2013.
I will be very appreciate if someone will help us with this.
Why you want to go to India and get treated there when in Kiev they treat it much much better?

Go to Feofaniya Clinic they have all the latest German testing equipment. Plus very good doctors, their prices are not bad also say compared with the USA for example.  

In Russia and Ukraine they treat better viral infections, and have better understanding of what to do. Especially the older soviet trained doctors. And there are many of those in Kiev. People report good things reviews about Chernovyzov Clinic...

Don't know about Ukraine but in Russia under government program ALL care is free now for people that deal with devastating chronic medical condtions such as hep B or C. You can try going to Moscow.. Ask around for help on hvc.ru lots of people from former USSR there and those that are in Kiev too that will be able to advice you better and offer support.

but. If you have the funds to go abroad for treatment go to Austria or Germany the two best places to get treated for just about anything now.

HepC treatment is the same everywhere interferon + ribavirin. Your husband can do that in Kiev..

For us peoplle with Hep B there is nothing standartized so we are really at the mercy of how  good the doctor is or how honest he is about treating patients the right way that is beneficial for the patient.
Hi thought treatment of Heb B or Hep C are same worldwide. In India best best place is Institute of liver & Biliary science, New Delhi.  
I understand that treatment of Heb B or Hep C are the same worldwide, but...
I read one article about some medication in India that are analogue of the PEGASYS® (peginterferon alfa-2a) and ribavirin and its much cheaper.
So I wonder, maybe the treatment is cheaper in India than in Ukraine.

P.S. and  veteranB, you are right. In post soviet countries we do have governmental programs for such people...but its only on the paper((((( Only few people among thousands gets help.