Hepatitis B Community
Information abt Hepatitis B result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Information abt Hepatitis B result

Sir,
     Myself and my wife have applied for a Canadian Visa and we are waiting for our Medical Request.
Before 3 years, my wife was diagnosed with Hep-B in the result in a private hospital. We had doubts regarding this and took the Elisa test in 2 different labs and it results non reactive. So we consulted another private hospital and took the same test and the doctor said there is nothing to worry. Since we have applied for Visa, we both took the test yesterday(17.02.2014). I have attached the test results below. My question is do i have worry to abt the results? Even though it says non reactive, will there be any problem in the future? Will this result affect my Visa? Do we have Hep - B? If so what should be done? Please reply.. Its really important.

Results:
HBsAG Quantitative : ELISA Method
Person 1 Male - 0.015 non reactive
Person 2 Female - 0.030 non reactive

Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, the normal range is 0.0 to 0.9, which means negative. As both the values mentioned are way within this, you need not worry, go ahead and apply for your visa. And good luck. Regards.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you so much:)